By Dei Tut Weang,
January 1, 2017(Nyamilepedia) ——My dear humble, generous, and yet brave community, Dear Beloved Compatriot,
I would like to take this opportunity to share with you from bottom of my heart and soul practical concerns/issues that are both disturbing and threatening to us under the current supercilious leadership of Dr.Riek Machar for the past three decades of our struggle for freedom, justice and equality.
- In 1991- 2002. Dr.Riek Machar squandered the hard-won resistance of the Nuer by the Dinka Leadership of Garang when the Khartoum Peace Agreement was signed and later failed because of his poor leadership management. Dr.Riek Machar appointed only Dinka and Equatorians in key portfolios of Khartoum Peace agreement and led to division and frustration on Nuer prompting our return to Garang as losers. Machar has never respected nor recognized Nuer political leaders, academia and intellectuals throughout his leadership instead he exploited the innocent loyalty of our grassroots (traditional chiefs and magicians) for his leadership ambitions.
- In 2002- 2005, Dr.Riek Machar brokered a weak reunification with Garang leading to sidelining of Nuer political leaders, military officers, academia and intellectuals in the SPLM/A , and later in the CPA power sharing arrangements.
- In 2005-2013 to date. Dr. Riek Machar never took serious the sacrifices and contributions made and continued to be made by the Nuer political leaders, senior military men and women, academic and intellectuals in decision making of critical matters of the movement except depending on handful of incapable selfish close relatives and friends.
- In 2013 – 2016, Dr.Riek Machar mismanaged the Nuer rise against the genocidal regime of Kiir both militarily in pretext of buying support of western governments in fear of accusations of war crimes before the international court. During the establishment of the TGONU, Machar was not considerate of Nuer political leaders, intellectual and academia in power sharing, he instead favored the Dinka and Equatorians causing division within the leadership and consequently the eruption of fighting in July 2016 leading to the collapse of the agreement.
- In late September 2016 to date, Machar failure to re-organize the movement despite pressure from the Nuer political leaders, senior military men and women were fruitless causing frustration and feeling of abyss. The recent appointment of Equatorians to key leadership positions of the movement by Machar is a clear message to Nuer that he has no longer confident in their capacity to yield him the power he has lost.
Dear Compatriot, I frankly and with open mind shared these challenges with you because I am utterly disappointed and have reached a high level of frustrations from Machar leadership and curious how we are going to make a progress towards our objectives under such leadership.
Personally and there are many of you out there, who share with me this frustration of being let-down, sidelined, ignored and denied their rightful opportunity to continue to fight for a change that we all strive for. Many of you are aware of my contribution and my work experience and have been left wondering by Dr.Riek Machar self-style leadership of favoring others and frustrating the dedicated hardworking intellectuals with political, diplomatic and civic advocacy wealth of knowledge and experience just because they are Nuer.
I was among those who first declared their opposition against Kiir massacre of Nuer in December 2013 and was posted in Kenya. I continued to show willingness to serve the movement at all fronts but was also sidelined in numerous attempts by Machar himself. What else can one do in such a situation, join the enemy, declare your own movement and let Machar continued to mess up the destiny of ones own people in his very eyes? I want to hear your thoughts to help me and others who are also wondering in such abys Yours Sincerely,
Dei Tut Weang
Former Representative of SPLM IO in Kenya.
Former Acting Director General of Investigation /Anti-corruption
Former Director General of Investigation/ National Employees Justice RSS
CC/: Riek Machar Teny, SPLM In Opposition Chairman
CC/: SPLM In Opposition Mission/Chapters abroad
CC/: Nuer Community Organization (s) abroad
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s).
For Opinions and News Reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Technical Support: email@example.com
To Advertise with Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Inquiry: email@example.com