According to Hon. Kech Nguotg Tiem the state Secretary for Information, Orientation and Documentation in a document extened to Nyamilepedia Correspondent. The following were the resolution passed by the representatives:
The SPLM state congress was attended by representative from the 11 Counties including Akoka, Abuong and Baliet state – Dinka Ngook. This signified peace and reconciliation initiative among Sobat State communities, and it is essential to unite the Upper Nile state communities.
3. The SPLM State meeting also acknowledged the usual support of the regional and international bodies (– IGAD, AU Trioka, EU, China and Rusia) but urge the international bodies to engage the warring parties and other stakeholders during the implementation process of the compromised peace agreement.
4. The SPLM State meeting urged the commissioners of the Counties to adopt the standard political and administrative structure. All Counties commissioners shall appoint volunteer Payam administrators who will work in collaboration with traditional leaders and law enforcement officers in the County. This is important to keep the rule of law in the County and other designated areas.
5. The SPLM state congress also urged the people of Sobat and Upper Nile state to keep and respect rule of law, and vital tradition and values which safeguard the peaceful coexistence of the communities. The communities were urged to basic human rights, norms and values and more importantly customary laws which governed our communities.
6. The meeting calls for prohibition of harmful traditional practice and other related human rights abuses (early and forceful marriage) in the state.
7. The meeting urged the State Authority to support and strengthen the capacity law enforcement body and traditional court in order to manage crime and civil related cases committed in the Counties. The meeting has therefore established a threshold intend to be pay to open a case in the establish court. The amounts agree to open the case in the courts (A, B and C) shall be the same all over the Counties of Sobat State, and the agreed amounts shall be implemented immediately. The amount agreed to open a case to Court A, B and C shall be 100, 80, 50 and 30 South Sudanese Pound (SSP) respectively.
8. The SLC will also advocate for reform and federal system of governance in the state and across the South Sudan.
9.The white army ,Traditional leadership and faith base group on behalf of people’s of the sobat have endorsed the military governor Lt general Duer Tut Duer Makuach to be the governor of Upper Nile State during the upcoming transitional government of national unity.
10. The sobat state communities urge the leadership of splm-io under 1st Lt Gen Dr Riek Machar to respect their choice as they were the one who nominated Governor Duer Tut Duer for the Sobat State governorship last year.
11. The Sobat State people pledge that they want to see South Sudan where citizens have equality, wealth are equally distributed, equal freedom, free of corruptions, equal employment opportunity, diversity are being respected and South Sudan where citizens are ask to decide on their matter not the leaders.
12. The sobat people rejected the creation of 28 state unilaterally created by salva kiir because it gives major land potion of the state to the neighboring Dinka Apandang and tribalism and conflict fueling in the future. They also said the recent map of 28 States is inciting past conflicts as it give shilluk and Nuer land to Dinkas both in Greater Ulang and Greater Maiwut and also in Fashoda state. The citizens warns that, any attempt to implement that proposal would be a violation of peace agreement by kiir side and clear signal for the parties to go back to war.
The people of Sobat State had therefore expressed their strong support to SPLM/A – in opposition and fully committed for the implementation of the compromised peace agreement signed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on the 17 August, 2015.
The people of Sobat State thanked the Chairman and Commander in Chief, Dr. Machar once again for the recent promotion of comrade Duer Tut Duer to the rank of Lt General in the Army and for the previous appointment as the governor of Sobat State during this hard time where his people need him most.