Press for Immediate release,
Jan 28th, 2018(Nyamilepedia) —- Phow Community in Uganda welcomes the release of POWs in S Sudan’s Phow State, call the Government to do the same:
1. The leadership of Phow State Community in Uganda has welcomed the release of the 15 POWs on January 27, 2018 who were handed over safely to ICRC for immediate evacuation to Juba in New Fangak Airstrip , Phow State
2. We, as Phow State Community in Uganda see the release of POWs as a significant step towards practical implementation the CoH Agreement, both in letter and in spirit. Phow State being one of the first States under SPLM/A-IO control to release POWs, the Community Leadership in the Republic of Uganda would therefore, like to congratulate the Phow State entire Leadership under its military Governor Gen. Johnson Kuol Gai Nyab in coordination with SPLM/A-IO Leadership for reaching a decision that reflects people’s want for just peace.
3. On an equal notice, we applaud the SPLM/A-IO mainstream under Chairman and C-in-C Dr. Riak Machar Teny for heeding to CoH Agreement, a prerequisite step to a sustainable peace that can alleviate inhumane suffering of all South Sudanese – indicative of the release of POWs in Phow State which is fully control territories of armed Opposition
4. We continue to urge the SPLM/A-IO to continue with the same spirit and at will, release more POWs in all the other states under their military control. We strongly believe this can give a buffer zone for peace talks that are about to resume next month to move on with elevated level of trust
5. We strongly call upon the Government of South Sudan to STOP the ongoing military offensives in Greater Upper Nile and Greater Equatorian regions especially, as this confers a clear violation of Signed CoH Agreements which the Government is a party.
6. We again urge and implore the Government of South Sudan to start releasing POWs under their detentions from December 2013 to date and accord them safe exit to places of their choices where they can reunite with their loved ones and share a moment of reunion. As this reflects the spirit of commitment and readiness of peace.
7. Lastly, we urge the IGAD, AU, UN, TROIKA and other South Sudan’s Peace Guarantors to be keenly vigilant and observant of the CoH Agreement violations and hold the violators to account
Phow State Community in the Republic of Uganda is an exiled South Sudanese community, displaced by ongoing civil wars in South Sudan.
We are living as asylum seekers and refugees in concentrated refugees settlements in the Republic of Uganda.
We are deeply concerned by the daily untold suffering of South Sudanese people regardless of their ethnicities due to imposed war.
Under my direct signature
Gatwal A. Gatkuoth
Chairman, Phow State Community in The Republic of Uganda
CC: Secretary General, Phow State Community in The Republic Uganda. Mr. Diang Tut
CC: Secretary for Information and PublicIty, Phow State Community in The Republic of Uganda. Mr. Kochloach Machar
CC: Secretary of Constitutional and Legal Affairs, Phow State Community in The Republic of Uganda. Mr. Ter Manyang