July 29th,2014 (Nyamilepedia) – On 27th of July 2014, the Greater Equotoria Youth Association (GEYA) and National Youth Union (NYU) signed a Memorandum of understanding (MOU) to work for the regime change in the Republic of South Sudan.
The MOU was signed in the Federal Republic of Ethiopia by the two heads, the President of (GEYA) Mr. Sebit John and Mr Puoch Riek Deng, the President of National Youth Union (NYU) and it came in to force the same day.
According to the President of National Youth Union Mr. Puoch Riek Deng, he said the main aims of the agreement that was signed between National Youth Union and Greater Equoria Region Youth association are based on;
- Engage in collective efforts to ensure that there is total regime change, and establishment of democratic federal government in South Sudan
- Maintain, support, and promote the leadership of SPLM/SPLA-Resistant Movement towards achievements of the aspiration of the suffering people of South Sudan for a long lasting development and sustainable peace in the future.
- Establish wider youth mobilization, full participation of youth coalition in total political liberation, for fulfillment and achieving final goal of federal democratic system of governance in South Sudan where justice, equality, freedom, rule of law, equitable sharing of wealth and power, prosperity and peaceful united South Sudan.
- Carry mobilization and sensitization on entire citizens and youth leadership on new federal constitution, and ensure full participation of the members to this MOU on processes of arriving at federal democratic system of governance
- Accelerate youth empowerment plans on leadership maturity on post war era strategy for the success of future election post conflict era, creation of wider future support.
In the conclusion of their join statement, the National Youth Union and Greater Equatoria Youth Leadership calls upon South Sudan Youth, freedom fighters, federalists, leadership of the SPLM/SPLA-Resistant Movement and the entire masses of South Sudan to join the liberation struggle to change the government that, they described as the tyranny and Corrupts government they ever seen on earth.
They lamented in their statement that the people, who were massacre in Juba and Bor and those killed in cold blood in Wau, Rumbek, Aweil, Tority,Yambio and Malakal, were killed without bases and therefore, President Kiir and his regime MUST go as their statement concludes.