May 31st, 2017(Nyamilepedia) —– I have the pleasure to announce here that on the 28th May 2017, SPLM-IO members residing in the United Kingdom held a meeting and elected the office bearers of the United Kingdom Chapter.
In a meeting that lasted eight hours, the following candidates were chosen:
- Comrade Tesloach Lul, Country Secretary,
- Comrade John Jekery, Secretary for Political Affairs and Mobilization,
- Madam Sarah Simon, Chapters Coordinator,
- Comrade Peter Mun, Deputy Chapters Coordinator,
- Comrade Majok Hoth Lowal, Secretary for Administration and Organisation,
- Comrade Andrew Yang Manyang, Secretary for Externals Affairs,
- Madam Joyce Tundu, Secretary for Social Welfare and Services,
- Comrade Simon Gadet, Secretary for Culture, Information and Communication,
- Comrade Amol Mabior, Secretary for Popular and Syndicated Organisation, and
- Comrade Simon Both Riek, Secretary for Finance and Economic Affairs respectively.
Meanwhile Comrade Gatmai Chuol Gatluak is elected to be the SPLAM/A-IO Youth League Leader in the United Kingdom.
It is also important to note that the United Kingdom has been without this particular organ of the party, and now with the formation of the Chapter, members will be in a position to participate and support projects related to the struggle to liberate the people of the South Sudan from the dictatorial regime of Salva Kiir Mayardit and Jieng Council of Elders (JCE).
Long Live the SPLM-IO
Long Live Dr. Riek Machar
Long Live the SPLM-IO gallant Forces
The struggle continue!
SPLM-IO Representative in the
United Kingdom and Northern Ireland