fbpx
News

Thomas Cirilo’s NAS denies killing civilians near Juba, says gov’t responsible

Two South Sudanese soldiers talks to each other in an unidentified location (File photo)

January 6th 2019 (Nyamilepedia) – The holdout opposition group, the National Salvation Front (NAS) led by Gen. Thomas Cirilo Swaka has accused has denied killing civilians in Wonduruba village near the capital Juba accusing instead the South Sudan army of the wrongdoing.

South Sudan army, SSPDF, spokesman Maj. Gen. Lul Ruai Koang last week accused NAS of carrying out  civilians massacre in Wonduruba, a small village near the capital Juba calling for the designation of the rebel group as a terrorist organization.

In a statement issued on Saturday and extended to the Sudan Tribune, the National Salvation Front (NAS) spokesman Suba Samuel Manase said following a scattering of government soldiers by NAS, a government reconnaissance clashed with the rebel group’s petrol unit and was defeated.

“It was during the process of searching for their lost men, the government reconnaissance unit managed to locate the NAS advanced protection unit and clashed with it,” he said.

He said following their defeat by the rebel forces, government troops turned their guns against local gold miners in Goroum area.

“After the regime’s humiliating defeat, the Kiir’s Militia starting pursuing NAS forces, out of anger the regime forces revenged by shooting indiscriminately on Civilians who are carrying out local gold mining in Goroum area,” the Sudan Tribune quoted him as saying in the statement. 

Related posts

Journalist of US-funded Internews Was Shot 6 times By Kiir’s Militia For Being A Nuer

Nyamilepedia

The government cannot feed the hungry Lazy population: South Sudan VP Wani Igga

Staff Editor

State of emergency declared in Ethiopia over COVID-19 pandemic

Editors

Tell us what you think

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: