Breaking News Law Enforcement News

SPLA-J1 Cancel Firing of Heavy Weapons To Avoid Confrontations and Random Shooting

The SPLA training in a past rehearsal event [©militaryphotos]
The SPLA training in a past rehearsal event [©militaryphotos]
May 15, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —– Latest reports from SPLA-J1 Headquarters at Bilpham has urgently announced cancellation of “firing of heavy weapons” in Juba on security grounds.

According Brig. Lul Ruai Kong, who speaks for the SPLA under President Salva Kiir, the earlier plans are now reversed to avoid random shootings which may escalate into another civil war.

“The SPLA’s Chief of General Staff would like to urgently inform members of the public about cancellation of planned Firing of heavy weapons in honor of 33rd Anniversary of SPLA Day on Monday, May, 16, 2016.” Lul said.

“I repeat there will be no firing of heavy weapons starting at 5:00AM from SPLA Ground Force HQs as initially announced on SSBC on Saturday, May 14, 2016.” Lul repeats

According to news outlet from SPLA(J2) at Jebel Junkur, under the command of South Sudan’s First Vice President, the rebels felt agitated by an order issued by the Chief of General Staff for Kiir’s forces, Gen. Paul Malong Awan.

The SPLA-IO threaten to violate the order should any bullet land in areas near their cantonments sites in and outside the capital.

Given the security volatility and many random “unknown gunmen” in the capital, Lul explained that the planned has been cancelled to avoid unexpected random shooting or confrontations.

“The decision to cancel firing of heavy weapons in honor of SPL Day was made to avoid possibility of random shootings. SPLA GHQs regrets any inconveniences caused.” Lul said.

South Sudan civil war began in the capital in December 2013 as a result of random shooting among the presidential guards at Salva Kiir’s tiger division.

The capital is full of guns from untrained militias in uniforms, who are loyal mostly to former SPLA generals turned politicians.

A barely expected shooting among the presidential guards and militias loyal to Salva Kiir on the late evening of December 15 2013, saw many generals and soldiers, including the spokesman Lul Ruai Kong, running into bushes of Terekeka and commuted northwards to Upper Nile where most of the war continued for more than two years.

Despite the formation of a Transitional Government of National Unity, South Sudan is not yet at peace with herself. Violations to permanent ceasefire and peace agreement continued in many part of the country including at the backyard of the capital at Mundri, Terekeka and parts of Western and Eastern Equatoria states.

[ad name=”Google Ad 07″]

Related posts

Angelina Teny, Machar’s wife, arrives in Juba for the second time in less than two months


Top UN diplomat urges South Sudan to address grave human rights violations


BREAKING: His Grace, Archbishop Paulino Lukudu Loro has died


Tell us what you think

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: