November 5th 2018 (Nyamilepedia) – A faction of the National Salvation Front (NAS) which is supporting the revitalized peace deal has denied claims by NAS faction led by Gen. Thomas Cirilo that they had been attacked by the government and SPLM-IO in violation of the peace agreement signed in September.
NAS on Saturday issued a statement accusing the SPLM-IO and Government forces of violating the ceasefire agreement and the revitalized peace deal signed in September.
In an exclusive interview with Nyamilepedia on Sunday, Jacob Paul, a spokesman for the peace faction led by Maj. Gen. Khalid Butrus said the NAS faction led by Cirillo are instead the ones attacking the SPLM-IO in Yei River.
“It’s not true, instead they (NAS TC) through their war Lord John Kenyi is the one attacking IO position in Yei River State. Resulted into losing of life’s, looting of properties and displacement of many innocent civilians. This is a time that every one irrespective of their tribes suppose to have peace, tranquility and progress,” Paul said.
He said their forces are assembled in their areas waiting for identification of cantonment sides.
“Our forces are in their camps waiting for contentment,” he said adding that “We have general chief of staff who controls our soldiers in various part of South Sudan.”