[ad name=”Google Mobile 01″]
By Hon. Thamson Thoan Teny,
May 05, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —— In February 2016 some of the generals (Gen. Gathoth Gatkuoth, Gen. James Malith Gatluak and Brig. Gabriel Gatwech Puoch) decided to join the Government of the Republic of South Sudan (GRSS) on an unnegotiated and unsigned peace agreement. We respect their decision to jump off the ship and we wish them well. They are now in Juba pursuing their dreams.
In April 2016 another general (Gen. Peter Gatdet Yak) decided to jump off the ship by doing the followings:
- Forming his own military movement called National Defence Alliance (NDA).
- Unilaterally decided to change the name of FDP/SSAF to National Defence Alliance (NDA) without consulting other leaders of FDP/SSAF (both political & military). We again respect his decision and wish him well in his new movement.
- Since we split away from SPLM/A-IO, it has taken us about eight months without naming our leadership. This is attributed to different vision, mission and objectives the generals entertain as evidence by their stated above positions.
The notion that the name of the movement “FDP/SSAF” has been taken by those who went to Juba, does not hold water for the following reasons:-
- Those who went to Juba and joined the GRSS were dismissed on the 04th January 2016 from FDP/SSAF and cannot claim the name of the organization from which they were dismissed.
- Gen. Gathoth and his three colleagues the MPs (Hon. Timothy Tot Chol, Hon. Gabriel Yoal Dok and Hon. Michael Mario Dhuor) have now gone back to their mother party the SPLM – IG and have been reinstated in the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) and Council of States as members of SPLM-IG. Gen. Gathoth was an advisor to the governor of Upper Nile State as member of SPLM-IG before the war and may now be reinstated as a General in the SPLA- GHQ.
[ad name=”Google Ad 06″]
In the light of these developments, the leadership of the FDP/SSAF carried out a series of consultative meetings on the finalization of the structures of the movement and the appointment of a provisional Chairperson for FDP/SSAF and a provisional General Chief of Staff until a consultative conference is convened as soon as possible.
The meetings resolved the followings:
- Appointment of Hon. Gabriel Changson Chang as Provisional Chairman and Commander in Chief of FDP/SSAF with effect as from 12/ 04/ 2016.
- Appointment of Maj. Gen. Gabriel Gatwech Chan (Tang Ginye) as Provisional General Chief of Staff of FDP/SSAF with effect as from 12/ 04/ 2016.
- Convene a consultative conference of FDP/SSAF members before the end of April 2016.
- The participants of the conference must be broad based and drawn out from the three greater regions of Republic of South Sudan including the diaspora.
The leader wants to reassure all the members, gallant forces, supporters, sympathizers and well wishers of FDP/SSAF that our ship will now sail steadily on course and in the right direction until it docks at our pre-determined port of destination.
The leadership of FDP/SSAF calls on all other Political and Military groups to join ranks with us and to put the last straw that break the camel’s back.
Hon. Thamson Thoan Teny is a Member SAF/FDP Provisional Political Committee. He can be reached at email@example.com
- Hon. Gabriel Changson Chang – Provisional Chairman and Commander in Chief of FDP/SSAF
- Gen. Gabriel Gatwech Chan – Provisional General Chief of Staff of FDP/SSAF
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s).
For Opinions and News Reports: info@
For Technical Support: support@
To Advertise with Us: advertise@
For General Inquiry: nyamilepedia@
[ad name=”Google Ad 07″]