Adar Community members together with the SPLM/A-IO chapter condemn President Kiir’s Actions
August 1, 2016 (Nyamilepedia) — The Adar State SPLM Secretariat in conjunction with the state government, and all citizens of the state throughout 14 Counties comprising of Traditional Chiefs, Church Leaders, Community elders plus women and youth organizations condemned in the strongest term possible the following decisions and actions of President Salva Kiir;
- The controversial dismissal and replacement of the elected party leader Dr. Riek Machar Teny who still have the full support of both the Military wing of the SPLA and the Political wing of the SPLM and all the movement supporters throughout the Country and unlawfully appointed the dismissed member of SPLM/A – IO Gen. Taban Deng Gai which is against the peace agreement document according to article 6.5 that gives no power to the president to appoint someone to replace Machar. Unless the leader of SPLM/A – IO can nominate the next senior minister within his cabinets.
- Continuous offensive on SPLM/A – IO positions at Juba out kits from the day one of the SPLM/A – IO base reallocation from Jebel Kujur to another location outside Juba town.
- Several Attacks and bombardments on SPLM/A – IO base at Jebel Kujur on the 11th of July 2016. That resulted into the death of dozen of civilians and soldiers from both sides.
- Assassination attempt of the Chairman of the SPLM – IO and Commander in Chief of SPLA Forces and the Current 1st Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny – Dhurgon at JI the presidential palace on the 8th of July 2016.
- The violation of permanent ceasefire which was signed in August last year to end 2 and half years of conflict in the country which they, the government’s soldiers started by eliminating SPLA – IO soldiers in Juba’s checkpoints on the 5th of July, 2016.
- The Controversial appointment of the SPEAKER of national transitional parliament which is also a total violation of the agreement since a speaker cannot be nominated outside parliament. Then both parties can nominate their separate candidates and be brought before the members of parliament.
- Refusal to reconstitute the national transition parliament that can be the only regal body to pass all laws of the land.
- Refusal to demilitarized the national Capital Juba for its security to be taken by joint forces of SPLM/A – IO and SPLM/A – IG.
- Refusal to identified SPLA – IO Contentment areas in both greater Equatoria and Greater Bar – El Ghazal regions and even outside Juba town.
- Bilateral creation of 28 states after signing peace with 10 states. Those 28 states have no clear boundaries and are the cause of insecurity between many communities in South Sudan.
We are disappointed by the fact that the peace partners have failed and are very slow to ensure the peace agreement is respected and implemented in good faith by the two rival parties.
As the Adar state government and its people, we stand very strong with our SPLM/A – IO Leadership under the Chairmanship and Command of Dr. Riek Machar Teny – Dhurgon in support of peace agreement to save lives in the Country.
Finally, Failure to avert or withdraw the recent president Kiir decree of replacing our Leader Dr. Machar and other violations mentioned above, we will no longer continue to beg for peace but war will be the only option.
Thanks you so much for your attention
VIVA the people of South Sudan
VIVA SPLM/A – IO
VIVA Dr. Machar
VIVA the people of Adar State
VIVA SPLM Secretariat of Adar State
VIVA Lt. Gen. Saddam Chayot Manyang
Honorable Jacob Both Kueth Kuan, SPLM Secretary. Adar State, Pagak South Sudan.
Phone Number: +251 (0) 962150845 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s).
For Opinions and News Reports: email@example.com
For Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Advertise with Us: email@example.com
For General Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org