For Public Release
By South Sudan Student Union in Kenya,
Jan 7th, 2018(Nyamilepedia) —The South Sudan Student Union in Kenya is profoundly disturbed to learn that on Thursday January 4th, 2018, a meeting between Gen. Paul Malong Awan and the leaders of the opposition groups took place at Rebecca Nyandeng’s residence here in Nairobi.
The meeting was aimed to unify all the anti-peace elements to topple the TGoNU and was attended by the followings:
1. Gen. Paul Malong Awan, Former Chief of General Staff of the SPLA.
2. Amb. Telar Ring Deng, South Sudan Ambassador to Russia and the Senior Advisor to Gen. Paul Malong.
3. Gen. Oyay Deng Ajak, Former Chief of General Staff and Former Minister of National Security, Investment and Regional Cooperation.
4. Col. Joseph Bangasi Bakasoro, Former Governor of Western Equatoria State.
5. Gen. Mac Paul, Former SPLA Director General of Military Intelligence.
6. Other opposition officers whose names have not yet been revealed.
AGREEMENT TO TOPPLE THE GOVERNMENT.
In order to speed up the downfall of the TGoNU, the followings were agreed in the meeting:
1. Gen. Paul Malong Awan promised that his Aweil boys in the SPLA army in Greater Equatoria will join forces with Gen. Thomas Cirilo’s NAS to attack Juba;
2. Gen. Oyay Deng Ajak will go to Khartoum via Addis Ababa to meet General Samora Yunis, Chief of Staff of Ethiopian Defense Forces, before proceeding to Khartoum in order to persuade Ethiopian Defense Forces to provide military logistics to the forces that will attack Juba;
3. After one week, Gen. Paul Malong Awan and Gen. Thomas Cirilo will fly to Khartoum to meet Gen. Johnson Olony, Gen. Agaany Abdel-Bhagi Ayii, Dr. Lam Akol, Gen. Bapiny Monytuil Wejang and Gen. Peter Gatdet to unify their forces to attack Aweil, Aweil East, Ruweng and Northern Liech states.
We, the South Sudan Student Union in Kenya, condemn in the strongest term possible this new military alliance between Gen. Paul Malong and opposition groups which will undermine the IGAD High-level Revitalization Forum scheduled to resume in February.
The people of South Sudan are tired of war and they need peace. It is unacceptable that Gen. Paul Malong would join the opposition groups to topple the Government because he was removed from his position. The people of South Sudan cannot be made to suffer because of positions.
The South Sudan Student Union in Kenya is appealing to IGAD, AU, UN and Troika to impose sanctions on Gen. Paul Malong, Gen. Oyay Deng Ajak, Gen. Thomas Cirilo and Rebecca Nyandeng Garang for their plan to disrupt the IGAD High-level Revitalization Forum. The international community should not allow Gen. Paul Malong Awan to get away with crimes he has been committing against civilians since December, 15, 2013.
1. James Malwal Akuei
Chairman of South Sudan Student Union in Kenya
2. Peter Koak Joak
Deputy Chairman of South Sudan Student in Kenya
3. William Wani Kenyi, Secretary General of South Sudan Student Union in Kenya