June 2, 2017(Nyamilepedia) —– With reference to the aforementioned Subject, we would like to condemn in strongest term possible, the two days deadly communal fighting which affects all communities mentioned above, since 1st and 2nd June 2017.
We kindly ask the national government to intervene because the governor Gregory Deng Kuac and his government of Gogrial State have distrustfully fail to control the escalation of the conflict and abundance communities to kill themselves. And as we are speaking, there is still a fighting in Waragep, lilaguech, Malual Awien, Ameth, Alek, Thonydor,Akach and many other places of Aguok and Apuk.
Lastly, the executive body of Gogrial state and entire youth of Gogrial state plead the President of Republic of South Sudan, H.E. 1st Lt Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit to remove Hon. Governor of Gogrial State, Gregory Deng Kuac to end the bloodshed and suffering of our innocent people of Gogrial because his being in governorship is the clear cause of conflicts. And here are the details of the death toll, injuries, destructions and cattle raided in the recent communal conflicts in Gogrial State as below :
- 38 people killed details
- Two women from Kuac North County
- One woman from Apuk South County
- Thirteen from Aguok Kuei Counties
- Twenty-one from Apuk Giir counties
- Details of 56 injuries which occurred in the fighting
- Fifteen wounded from Aguok counties
- Forty-one wounded from Apuk Counties
- Two people wounded Kuac North County
- Details of 7000 cattle raided on 1st and 2nd conflicts in Gogrial State
- Seven thousand herdof cattle raided in Aguok counties
Destructions during the ongoing conflicts among communities of Gogrial State are as follow
- Thousands of houses burnt to aches in both bordering counties of Aguok and Apuk
Sign:By Simon Machuar Manhkeracnaak, the President of Gogrial Youth Union in Juba.
Contact: 0923112992 /0956216749