By J. Nguen.
April 11, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —– Warmongering is one thing but telling nothing but the truth is another. This piece is one of the truths telling political commentary on South Sudan’s political affairs and road to peace and stability. Dr. Machar, the Chairman and Commander in Chief of the SPLM/A, the armed opposition in the country is scheduled to return to Juba, South Sudan 18 April 2016.
This step is in line with the Compromised Peace Agreement signed in August 2015 but I recently developed serious reservations regarding this tentative Machar’s return to Juba based on saboteur evidence or much more.
In March 2016, I wrote a commentary questioning the Government of South Sudan’s readiness for peace, particularly over Lt. Gen. James Gai Yoach saga. I outlined why I was justified and should be concerned over unprecedented prevailing bad intention at the time and still relevant while writing this piece.
On the second week of April 2016, I became more certain over the Government of South Sudan’s intransigence, saboteur attitude toward peace and possible secretive intention to do away with Machar upon arrival to Juba.
My thoughts became more apparent on the following grounds:
- Juba is not demilitarized as required by the August Peace Deal and this is as one of the crucial steps to ensure Dr. Machar to return to the capital. Unfortunately, this didn’t occur and there are no signs showing it eventuality in the near future.
- The Government of South Sudan is currently on the military operations; the commanding officer is none other than the army’s General Chief of Staff, Paul Malong Awan. This offensive is ongoing in the West and Eastern Equatoria States and Western Bhar El Ghazal respectively. This is no secret to no one.
- The operationalization of illegal 28 States created by President Kiir is also underway unabated despite IGAD resolution to suspend such operations.
- Gen. Paul Malong Awan has once again mobilized a force outside the regular SPLA- Juba’ army in Bhar El Ghazal region. This force is reminiscent to the illegal armed which commands and carried out the Nuer massacre in Juba.
- Gen. Malong ordered the transportation of this force to Juba and “eight lories” full of these troop arrived in Juba on the 10 of April 2016 prior to Dr. Machar’s scheduled arrival.
- Gen. Paul Malong “vowed never to accept,” South Sudan’s 1st Vice President Designate, Dr. Riek Machar –“acting as President in the absence of President Salva.” It was alleged that Gen. Malong has stressed that he will “never allowed Dr. Machar to be a acting President or President” but after his “dead.”
- Salva Kiir’ Government has rejected any meeting between Dr. Machar and Salva Kiir to be facilitated by JMEC’s chairman upon Machar’s arrival in Juba. This in itself is an issue of concern since both men don’t talk; maybe, this is where hell will break loose, god(s) forbid.
These articulated points are on public domain and are becoming apparent by the day, as Machar’s return to Juba draw to close. So, the question becomes if indeed, Dr. Machar is “signing” his death certificate by returning to Juba given the prevailing evidences that Juba is not demilitarized and being fortifies with illegal armed and government’s refusal for a neutral body to facilitate the first meeting of supposed two rivals?
These developments are imminent threats to the implementation of the peace agreement and Machar’s personal life. Therefore, I recommended JMEC to take the lead by informing the Peace Guarantors of troops build up in Juba, possible issue of saboteur of peace in South Sudan and Dr. Machar must be advice to withhold plans to return to Juba until further note because the eventuality of letting this slips uncorrected would be a gross deadly ignorance.
Nguen is a concerned South Sudan citizen living in Canada. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s).
For Opinions and News Reports: email@example.com
For Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Advertise with Us: email@example.com
For General Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org.