Nov 28, 2020(Nyamilepedia) — The fighting that began in the Central Equatoria’s Morota on Thursday, November 26, 2020 continued on Friday morning leading to “tactical withdrawal” of the SPLA0-IO forces .
According to Brig. Gen. William Gatjiath Deng, the military spokesman of the SPLA-IO, their forces have withdrawn from their base following the second day of fighting.
“Early this morning at round 5:00AM, East African time, again fighting has been escalated in the same area, as the (SSPDF) forces re-attacked the Morota, the main unified training centre, as I was writing this report, the fighting has been on since morning, as a result, the professional army unit under command of Brig.Gen Peter Wal Chuol, has tactically withdrawn from the base” Said Brig. Gen. William Gatjiath Deng, the military spokesman of the SPLA-IO.
The SPLA-IO is accusing the SSPDF of using Maj. Gen. Moses Lokuju to deestablize the peace implementation.
“Moreover, I think it’s very clear to all those who had previously not been aware of regime’s horrendous plans against the peace agreement in the country.” William Gatjiath said.
“The SPLA (IO) leadership is vehemently advised those who always pointing fingers to a vulnerable and powerless general called Moses Lokuju, who has falsely said to have spearheaded these perennial attacks against the SPLA (IO) forces around Juba.” He continued.
The SPLA-IO believes that this is an attempt by Salva Kiir loyalies to clear out the the SPLA (IO) forces at the outskirts of Juba before the next dry season comes.
Despite the SPLM/A-IO pledges its commitment to peace and full implementation of the peace agreement.
Maj.Gen. Moses Lokujo Gabriel defected from the SPLM/A-IO in mid September and began fighting the SPLM/A-IO in Kajo-Keji areas as he mobilizes local supports.
Attempts from Juba to contain Maj. Gen Lokujo have not gained momentum as he continues to recruit, arm and fight on.