fbpx
Africa Breaking News News Politics Sudan

Faction of SPLM/A-North declares extension of cessation of hostilities agreement

Khartoum, Sudan

June 3,2021The Sudan People’s Liberation Movement /Army-North under the leadership of CDR Abdel Aziz Adam Al-Hillu has on Thursday, 1st of July 2021, declared the extension of the cessation of hostilities as a gesture of good will towards peaceful resolution of the Sudanese conflict.

Deputy chairperson of Sudan Sovereign Council and Commander of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) General Mohamed Hamdan Daglo/Hemeti [left] and General Abdel Aziz Adam al-Hillu of the SPLM-North/Hilu (Photo designed by Nyamilepedia)
Deputy chairperson of Sudan Sovereign Council and Commander of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) General Mohamed Hamdan Daglo/Hemeti [left] and General Abdel Aziz Adam al-Hillu of the SPLM-North/Hilu (Photo designed by Nyamilepedia)
In a statement obtained by Nyamilepedia, El-Hilu says that the extension will provide a space for the Juba Peace Agreement to thrive.

“In order to give the ongoing peace talks an opportunity for success, I, Commander Abdel Aziz Adam Al-Hilu, Chairman and C-in-C of the SPLM/A-North hereby, declare the extension of the unilateral Cessation of Hostilities (COH) for six months in all areas under the control of the SPLM/A-North “, Said El-Hilu in a statement.

According to Al-Hilu, the Cessation of Hostilities shall come into force with immediate effect from July 1,2021 up to December 31st, 2021.

He also called on his forces to adhere to this declaration and not to attack the government forces but with the exception of self defense scenarios or to respond only in an event that requires the protection of the civilian population.

“All SPLM/A-North units are hereby instructed to observe and respect this declaration and refrain from any hostile acts, except in cases of self defence and protection of civilians”, he emphasized.

Last month the SPLM/A-North of Al-Hilu reached a consensus with Sudanese Transitional Government over contentious issues but despite that achievement, Tut Gatluak Manime, South Sudan Presidential Advisor on security affairs, who is also the chief mediator of the Sudanese peace agreement, postponed the talks until further notice, claiming that the two parties to the agreement need enough time to make consultations.

Related posts

Kenyan president urges Kiir, Machar to show tolerance and political will to end war

Editors

Jubek Council of Elders meets Dr. Machar, demand 7 counties out of Juba county

Nyamilepedia

Dr. Machar Congratulates New AU and AUC Chairpersons, President Alpha Conde and Former Prime Minister Moussa Faki Mahamat

Nyamilepedia

Tell us what you think

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

//oagnatch.com/4/4323504
%d bloggers like this: