General Puljang’s forces disarmed, transferred to Ruweng

Militia General, Maj. Gen. Mathew Puljang Top, leader of SSLA speaks on microphone(Photo credit: File/Nyamilepedia)

Militia General, Maj. Gen. Mathew Puljang Top, leader of SSLA speaks on microphone(Photo credit: File/Nyamilepedia)

May 2, 2020 (Nyamilepedia) – South Sudan’s army command has disarmed forces belonging to General Mathew Puljang Top transferring them to the newly created Ruweng Administrative Area, a government official with direct knowledge of the move said.

South Sudan army chief General Gabriel Jok Riak last week recalled General Puljang from his role as Commander of “Special Forces” in Unity state’s Mayom county and ordered his forces be handled by the army’s fourth infantry division.

Speaking to Nyamilepedia on Saturday, a state government official at the ministry of information in Unity state said the forces previously under Puljang have been disarmed and transferred to an area in the country’s newly created Ruweng Administrative Area.

“The Special Forces under General Puljang have been disarmed and transferred to Ruweng just at the border with Unity state,” the official who spoke to Nyamilepedia on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media said.

The senior state government official said the forces were being kept there on temporary basis and maybe transferred to an area in Northern Mayom for a six-month period training before their full integration into the South Sudan’s national army.

“It is not yet clear if they will be deployed there but there are unconfirmed rumors that they may be transported to Kaikang (in Mayom) and undergo a six-month training before they could be fully integrated into the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply