Gov’t forces killing civilians suspected of having links to Malong – statement

Government troops moving alongside Juba/Bor Road January 2014 (File photo)

August 18th 2019 (Nyamilepedia) – South Sudan government troops in Northern Bahr El-Gazal state are killing civilians they suspect of having links to former army chief General Paul Malong Awan, an opposition statement said Sunday.

According to South Sudan United Front/Army (SSUF/A) led by Malong fighting between South Sudan army has been ongoing for the last week in Norther Bahr El-Ghazal with reports of civilians casualties.

“The Government of South Sudan through elements belonging to SSPDF Division 3 are killing civilians in Majok-Nyinthiou on counts that they are allied to SSUF/A advancing forces,” a statement issued by the SSUF this afternoon partly read.

Although the Nyamilepedia could not independently verify, the statement further accused the South Sudan army of using child soldiers in its battle against them.

“They have as well gathered children and dressed them with the army uniforms as a tool of implicating SSUF/A to might have recruited children as a fighting force in advancement of its agenda,” the statement said.

“All these are blunt tools that wouldn’t deter SSUF/A from championing for the regime change. As long as the government has guts to continue provoking our advancing forces, they will face it heads-on,” the statement added.

Leave a Reply