Breaking News: South Sudan government forces killed Two Men of God in Greater Mundri Counties.
March 28, 2017(Nyamilepedia) —– The South Sudan government army currently residing in Lui Secondary School, went to Miri Mudududu Sub Parish and killed the Lay reader of Episcopal Church of South Sudan Diocese of Lui Simon Tata Wilson Wuye, whom they found cleaning the Church compound in preparation for Sunday Service.
Another group of the government army went on the same day to Toka’ba Sub Parish and killed the Evangelist of Toka’ba Sub Parish of Episcopal Church of South Sudan, Diocese of Mundri, Mr. Friday Frongo who was found praying in the Church. I strongly condemn the killing of these two innocent Church Workers as it is a serious violation of human rights. I also ask the UN and International community to stop the war and bring lasting peace in South Sudan by doing the following:-
- Immediate deployment of Regional Protection Force to Juba and other contested towns in South Sudan.
- Facilitate immediate reinstatement and return of the legitimate First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar back to Juba to participate in the implementation of the peace agreement.
- Encourage SPLA/M IG, SPLM Leaders and other parties who are signatories to the peace agreement to recommit themselves to immediate ceasefire and speedy implementation of the signed Peace Agreement, as soon as the regional force is deployed in Juba, beginning with:-
- Total demilitarization of Juba
- Deployment of Joint Integrated police to Juba town as per the signed peace agreement.
- Stopping operationalization of the thirty two States and forming a committee to look into this matter.
- Establishment of cantonment sites for all IO forces in Equatoria and other parts of South Sudan and provision of all needed logistics for them.
- Reconstitution of the parliament with full participation of all parties who are signatories to the peace agreement and allowing the Equatorians to exercise their democratic rights to choose a new Speaker of their choice without fear, manipulation and intimidation as stipulated in the signed peace agreement.
- Reconstitution/establishment all institutions of governance as stipulated in the signed Peace Agreement
- Immediate starting of all reform process in all institutions of governance with new implementation deadlines
- Removal of all military from all roadblocks and check points in the Country and replacing them with police, so as to allow speedy and timely delivery of humanitarian services to our needy suffering people, facilitate free movement of goods and people in and out of the country.
- Lifting of the state of emergency and allowing people who are leaving the country to go without unnecessary security investigation and clearance.
- Releasing of all individuals who are now arrested, detained and falsely accused of having connections with SPLA/M IO and order the security forces to stop further arrest, detention, intimidation, torture and killing of civilians or looting their properties.
- All those who have lost their properties be compensated as soon as possible, so that they can rebuild themselves and start new lives as stipulated in the signed peace agreement.
- Support and work together with United Nations Mission in South Sudan, so as to effectively implement the Mission mandate and Security Council Resolutions intended to bring lasting peace in the Republic of South Sudan.
- Stick to the full implementation of the signed peace agreement with SPLA/M IO under the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar to the letter, as it is the only solution to end the current conflict in our Country.
- Removal of Taban Deng Gai and his team from government as they do not represent the real SPLA/M IO.
- Organize an urgent meeting with IGAD Plus, JMEC, SPLA/M IO under leadership of Dr. Riek Machar, all armed opposition groups and partners to come up with a new program of action with clear road map, timelines and deadlines. This meeting will also enable the parties in dispute to resume peace talks, revisit certain sections of the agreement, as deadline for some activities have passed without implementation.
I hope, these recommendations will contribute positively to effectively implement the signed peace agreement upon re-instatement and return to Juba of Dr. Riek Machar as the Legitimate First Vice President for the Republic of South Sudan. Remember, there will be no lasting peace in South Sudan without full participation of SPLA/M IO under the able leadership of Dr. Riek Machar. Excluding SPLA/M IO under the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar from any peace talks will prolong the war and suffering of the people of South Sudan, as the Current South Sudan government cannot make peace with itself alone.
Lt. General Wesley Welebe Samson
Deputy Chief of Staff for Training