Oct 15, 2014(Nyamilepedia) — The three days dialogue between the three factions of the ruling party, SPLM, which began on Monday this week entered its third and final day on Wednesday in Arusha, Tanzania.
The dialogue, hosted by the Tanzania’s ruling party Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM), is chaired by the CCM’s Secretary General and the former Minister of Defense, Col. Abdulrahman Kinana, and the former Prime Minister of Tanzania Dr. John Samuel Malecela.
The main agenda of three days dialogue is to heal wounds within the SPLM party and to reunite the three factions of SPLM, the SPLM-Juba under chairman Salva Kiir Mayardiit, the SPLM in Opposition under the [former] first deputy chairman, Dr. Riek Machar Teny and the SPLM-G10 (the former political detainees) under the former Secretary General, Pagan Amum.
According to the Acting SPLM’s Secretary General, Dr. Ann Itto Leonardo, the party would be reunited if the SPLM-IO and SPLM-G10 “renounce the violence”.
“We want to be in the same party if the other two groups, the G12 and the SPLM in Opposition, renounce violence and agree that we will discuss our differences through dialogue and find peaceful solutions for our differences. Then there will be a great chance for the SPLM remaining together and working together and the focus will be on how to find solutions to these differences that have been tearing us apart,” she said.
The dialogue, according to James Gatdet Dak, the spokesperson to Dr. Riek Machar, will reunite the SPLM party and the people of South Sudan to usher development.
“The gathering will mainly center on the necessity for a strong political party in South Sudan,” Dak said. “This is about SPLM unification and transition in order to unite the people and usher in development.” Gatdet said.
The three-day inter-party dialogue and consultation are among the key factors that adjourned the IGAD led peace process. The mediation was expected to resume tomorrow on 16th Oct, 2014 at Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
The sixth round of mediation is adjourned for at least one week to allow more consultations between the parties. The last phase of mediation, according to IGAD and members of the warring factions, yield positive signs, however, the parties reached a deadlock on power sharing.
The inter-factions dialogue in Arusha, according to officials, will yield very little to reunite the SPLM factions.
“There is nothing much happening in Arusha. There will be series of consultations to restore trust among various SPLM factions,”
In other reports, the SPLM-Juba faction, which signed a military cooperation with Uganda last week, will send a delegation to China for ten days training.
Dr. Ann Itto confirms the training will cover party discipline and accountability, mobilization and recruitment, retention, engagement and management of the SPLM party.
The inter-parties dialogue in Arusha is attended by the following members:
(A) SPLM- In Government
- Daniel Awet Akot, Head of Delegation, SPLM Politburo, Member of Parliament
- Nhial Deng Nhial, SPLM Politburo
- Mak Nypuoch Abongo, SPLM Politburo, Deputy Speaker National Assembly
- Awut Deng Acuil, Minister of Gender
- Jemma Nuna Kumba, SPLM Politburo, Minister of Electricity of Water
- Akol Paul Kordit, SPLM Politburo, Member of Parliament
- Tulio Odongi Ayahu, SPLM Member, Government Chief Whip National Assembly
- Dr. John Gai Yoh, SPLM Member, Minister of Education
- Suzanne Samson Jambo, SPLM Secretary for External Affairs
- Deng Dau Deng, Member of Parliament, Chairman of Wounded, Widows & Orphans Commission
- Mayiik Ayii Deng, Member of Parliament
- General James Kok Ruea, Focal Point & Special Envoy Office of the President, Member of Parliament, SPLM NLC.
(B) The SPLM-In Opposition
- General Taban Deng Gai, Chief Negotiator SPLM-IO, fmr. Governor, Unity State, SPLM Politburo
- Mme. Angelina Teny, SPLM National Liberation Council, fmr. State Minister of Petroleum, GONU
- Dr. Peter Adwok Nyaba, fmr Minister of Science & Higher Education and Technology
- Mabior Garang Mabior, Chairman for Information, SPLM-IO
- Stephen Par Kuol, fmr. Minister of Education, Government of Jonglei State
- Cde.Puot Kang Chol, Chair, SPLM Youth League
- Aggrey Ezbon Idri, Deputy Chair, Resource Mobilizing Committee, SPLM-IO
- Cde. Duer Tut Duer, Deputy Chair, SPLM Basic Document Development, SPLM-IO
- Cde. Sebit John Magok, Deputy Chair, Youth League, SPLM-IO
- Cde. Goi Jooyul Yöl, Focal Point fmr. Director General of Special Programs, Office of the President, fmr. Commissioner of Akobo, fmr. Rapporteur of the 2008 SPLM Convention.
(C) The SPLM – Former Political Detainees
- Mr. Pagan Amum Okiech, Head of Delegation, fmr. SPLM Secretary-General, SPLM PB
- Mme. Rebecca de Mabior, widow of late Dr. John Garang, SPLM Politburo, fmr Minister of Roads, GoSS
- Mr. Deng Alor Kuol, fmr. Foreign Minister, SPLM Poltiburo
- Mr. John Luk Jok, fmr. Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs, SPLM Politburo
- Mr. Kosti Manibe Ngai, fmr. Minister of Finance, SPLM Politburo
- General Oyay Deng Ajak, Member of Parliament, fmr. SPLA Chief of Staff fmr Minister of Security
- General Gier Chuang Aluong, fmr. Minister of Telecom, fmr. Minister of Interior, fmr Minister of Roads & Bridges
- General Madut Biar Yel, fmr. Governor of Northern Bahr Ghazal, fmr. Minister of Telecom
- Eng. Chol Tong Mayay, fmr. Governor Lakes State
- Dr. Cirino Hiteng Ofuho, Focal Point, fmr. Minister in the President’s Office, fmr. Minister of Youth, Culture and Sport.
- Col. Abdulrahman Kinana, Secretary General, CCM.
Fmr. Minister of Defense, fmr. Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Dr. John Samuel Malecela, Chair, Member of National Executive Committee, CCM,
fmr. CCM Deputy Chairman, fmr. Prime Minister of Tanzania, fmr. Foreign Minister of Tanzania, fmr. Tanzanian Ambassador to the UN.
- General Sam H. M. Sarakikya, Deputy Chair,
fmr. Chief of Defence Forces, fmr. Minister for Culture, Youth & Sports, fmr. High Commissioner to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Kenya.
- Mr. Kingunge Ngombale-Mwiru, Senior Stalwart in CCM,
fmr. Member of the National Executive Committee, CCM fmr. Political Adviser to the President, fmr. Minister of State in President’s Office for Political and Public Affairs.
- Ambassador Ami Mpungwe, Career Diplomat,
fmr. Director of Africa and Middle East, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, fmr. Director and Chief Negotiator of the Rwanda Peace Process, fmr. First High Commissioner of Tanzania to South Africa.
- Ambassador David Kapya, Career Diplomat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International
Cooperation, fmr. Deputy Director Sudan and Chad, UNHCR Hqtr Geneva, Special Assistant to fmr. President Mkapa, Special Envoy for the Tanzania Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Ambassador Vincent Kibwana, fmr. Director, Directorate of Africa, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Ambassador Bertha Somi, fmr. Director, Directorate of the Diaspora, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Hellen Lwegasira, fmr. Minister Counsellor and Plenipotentiary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- Greyson Ishengoma