Nov 21, 2015(Nyamilepedia) — Arrow Boys, an Equatorian based civil defense, declares victory after 5 days of fighting a government troop and militias in Ezo County of Western Equatoria state.
Speaking to Capt. Samson Masiya in the county, at least 18 SPLA soldiers were killed and many others wounded in the fighting.
” In the past few days fighting was getting worse and so far we can confirm 18 SPLA soldiers dead and the remaining ones are surrounded and are in their (Kandug).” Masiya said.
According to Masiya, SPLA-Juba has been attacking civilians, arresting local leaders and accusing the youth of supporting SPLM/SPLA-IO in the region, a report that was backed by the county’s commissioner.
“In the past few days fighting erupted in Ezo by SPLA forces from juba regime attacking civilians and accusing citizens of being members of SPLM IO.” he explains.
According to Ezo County Commissioner, Luciano Bakinde, civilians fled the town on Wednesday following a fighting in which at least three soldiers were killed and others wounded.
“There is no any citizen, all the citizens have run away, there are no any citizens in the town.” Commissioner Luciano said.
After peaceful initiatives to resolve the issues between the Equatorian community and SPLA [jua] failed, Masiya explained the youth were forced to defend their people from intimidation and arbitrary killing.
As he speaks, Masiya believes the youth maintained control of Ezo to allow the civil population to evacuate the town, however, the youths anticipate an attack from SPLA reinforcements any time.
“SPLM and Juba regime is violating the peace agreements I can make this very clear now we are in full control of Ezo county to protect civilians and let them get out of town without being killed.” Masiya explain.
“WES governor Patrick Rafuel Zamai has called for reinforcement from Juba and we will defend our position if attacked” he added.
Ezo population, who have lived in fear for the past two weeks, believe Salva Kiir is not for peace but the youth threaten to fight back if attacked.
“As we made it very clear if our position is attacked with civilian under constant intimidation and living in serious fear we will respond with full force.” said the member of arrow-boys
“Salva Kiir is not interested in peace but to kill his own people he claims to rule under the pretext and audiology of tribalism we will not tolerate this anymore the people of South Sudan need change and be able to exercise their rights as a citizen in the is country.” he adds.
Despite the increasing battles in Western and Eastern Equatoria, arrow boys and The Greater Equatorian Council of Rights declared their full allegiance to Dr. Riek Machar led revolution, SPLM/SPLA-IO, in the last few days.
According to Maj. Gen. Alfred Futiyo Karaba Unyang, who declares himself as the commander of Bright Star Compaign Phase II Nerran Division in Yambio, arrow boys is made of 17,825 youth from Mvolo to Najero.
In Nimule, ma’di community has blamed Salva Kiir’s government for attacking a bus carrying many foreigners and South Sudanese along Nimule-Juba road last week. At least five people were killed.
According to David Aju Kanyara, who speaks on behave of concerned Ma’di’s intellectuals, the army staged an attacked on the bus to create a scenario of insecurity in the region to deploy more troops to protect IDPs from Jonglei state, to grab land to loot resources.
“The primary reason to execute the unprecedented attack was to justify that there is insecurities or insurgencies in the area, hence the Juba led government would use the purported insecurities in the area in pretext to justify its policy of illegal land grab to establish an army barracks in the area” Ma’di intellectuals explain.
“Second reason why the government attacked the civilian bus is again to make it looks like as if there are presences of the rebels in the area, this way the army will legally justify its deployment to protect the illegal cattle owners from Dinka tribe.” Ma’di intellectuals continued.