Juba, South Sudan,
July 04, 2021 – President Salva Kiir has revoked the appointment of 35 parliamentary appointees mostly from the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) ahead of a swearing-in ceremony slated for 9th July 2021.
The revocation was made through a presidential decree Saturday without. The decree did not give reasons for the decision. SPLM leadership earlier said the initial list of appointees had left out some parliamentary contenders that deserved to be in the legislature.
At least six appointees from Central Equatoria State including Jennifer Yabu Lasuba, Huda Jennifer, Huda Michael Laila Daudi, Gowan John Elias, Suzy Anthony Juma, Emmanuel Taban Martin, and Diana Richard Wani had their appointments revoked.
In Eastern Equatoria State, Eunice Nakor Paul, Hellen Orasio, Daniel Naroi Lochek, and Pasca Ohisa Oduho also lost their seats just a week away from taking the oath of office.
In the list obtained by Nyamilepedia, seven appointees from the SPLM lost their seats in Jonglei. They are Chol Paul Pawel, Nyang Chol Duor, James Guot Pur, Nyawaraga Martin Nyang, Elizabeth Akuol Chuang, Mary Akech Bior, and Tabitha Nyanchin Kuojo.
Wannabe MPs who suffered the same fate include Suzana Peter Machar in Lakes State, and Peter Lual Lual in Northern Bahr el Ghazal State, all members of the SPLM.
In Warrap State, two appointees, Mary Nyanut Ring Machar and Joseph Garang Maluil were removed.
In Western Bahr-el-Ghazal, Neima Abbas Eldo of SPLM was axed. Maria Nyahok William in the Upper Nile State under SSOA lost her seat.
In Unity State, Mary Paul Ngundeng, Innocent Lazarus Latjor, and Simon Gatluak Pech Dak–SPLM members and Peter Gatkuoth Thot Pakam of SSOA also lost their positions.
In Western Equatoria State, four MPs—Anita David Gamu, Roselyn Samuel Abujohn, Sepura Siapai Richard, and Loto Alibiapai – all SPLM lost their positions.
In Pibor Administrative Area, three appointed MPs got their appointments revoked. They are Lawrence Ibon, Ongeso Cham Ader, and Kengen Jakor Bejo.
In Abyei Administrative Area, Deng Arop Kuol of SPLM was removed.
The axed appointees were replaced in a separate decree by Mr. Kiir. The list is summarized below.
List of the new parliamentary appointees
- Bilal Moses Onesmus – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Henry Stephen Tanga – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Thomas Wani Kundu – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Peter Samuel Moga – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Sobur John Mansuk – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Joseph Dilly Lokura – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Lazarus Parmela Farajallah – Central Equatoria (SPLM)
- Natire Anne Grace – Eastern Equatoria (SPLM)
- Louis Willy Ationg – Eastern Equatoria (SPLM)
- Grace Abalang Adiho – Eastern Equatoria (SPLM)
- Elisabeth Nyaruach Tap – Jonglei State (SPLM)
- Kutin Bayek Din – Jonglei State (SPLM)
- David Yien Bilieth – Jonglei State (SPLM)
- Mary Nyarieka Lorjok – Jonglei State (SPLM)
- Esbola Majok Bangot – Jonglei State (SPLM)
- Nyitur Daniel Dhieu – Lakes State (SPLM)
- Adhieu Thiet – Northern Bahr el Ghazal (SPLM)
- Victoria Adhar Arop – Warrap State (SPLM)
- Samuel Duwar Deng – Warrap State (SPLM)
- Nadia Mahajub Babiker – Western Bahr el Ghazal (SPLM)
- Mary Yol Badeng – Unity State (SPLM)
- Nyalok James Thiong – Unity State (SPLM)
- Robert Ruai Kuol – Unity State (SPLM)
- Nyuon Janguan Loi – Unity State (SPLM)
- Saleh Saaid Ukuh – Western Equatoria State (SPLM)
- Vosca Martin Enocka – Western Equatoria (SPLM)
- Ketura Yola Ambara – Western Equatoria (SPLM)
- Elnama Daniel Joseph – Western Equatoria (SPLM)
- Lorian Ibon – Pibor Administrative Area (SPLM)
- Charles Welo – Pibor Administrative Area (SPLM)
- Francis Lokurnyang – Pibor Administrative Area (SPLM)
- Ayen Luka Ngor – Warrap National Agenda
- Anthony Jervase Yak – Western Bahr el Ghazal National Agenda
- Martin Magok Kawai – Unity SSOA
- Chuong Wan Rieth Kuol – Jonglei SSOA.