Nov 02, 2016 (Nyamilepedia) — At least fifteen people were killed along Kworjik – Bungu road on Monday, November 1st, according to reports confirmed by an Assistant Bishop of Espicoal Church in the area.
Speaking to Nyamilepedia Press on Tuesday, November 2nd, over the phone, the Assistant Bishop of Episcopal Church of South Sudan & Sudan, Freer Yugu, confirmed that an attack took place around Kworjik and Bungu areas, a distance of about 35 miles away from Juba, the capital city of South Sudan.
He said the attack was at around 6pm East African standard time.
“Many of the local population are living in fears, as some of them left their homes searching for the safety places for their lives and up to now some of the community members are still missing in bushes, whereas about them not known,” Yugu said.
[ad name=”Google Ads 03″]
Although government officials in the area were unable to confirm these reports, there has been growing insecurity on major roads leading to the capital, Juba.
Last week, the government evacuated more than one thousand Dinka civilians from Yei town following a similar incident along Juba-Yei road.
On Oct 30, Hon. Stephen Ladu Onesimo, the Information Minister of Yei River state, told Nyamilepedia press that armed men have ambushed a commercial truck and set it on fire, a report Nyamilepedia could not independently verify
“The vehicle fallen into armed men ambushed between Juba – Yei Highway road, the vehicle was carrying nine people,” Hon. Ladu said.
Ladu said that three people reported themselves to a nearby Government authorities for their safety and six people reportedly went missing after the armed men set the truck on fire before they disappearance into the bushes.
Hon. Ladu added that the incident took place around Gbungu village between the two states of Yei River and Jubek states.
“Six people have been taken along by armed men into bushes, we, the state authorities are working hard with our colleague in Jubek state to investigation as scene of crime is more closure their jurisdictions and whereas about of the missing people are not yet know from both states,” Ladu said.
At the time of this report , no any armed group has claim responsibilities of this attack as Juba – Yei road becomes more fatal.
On October.11, media reported that the number of travelers killed in recent ambush along the Yei-Juba road has reached at least up to thirty people, Brig. Lul Ruai Koang, SPLA Army spokesperson said.
Lul added that several people, who were wounded fled to the nearby bushes during the attack but were later found dead.
In earlier reports, several Government officials claimed that about twenty-one people, including women and children, were killed along Juba-Yei road on October 9 and 20 others went missing.