“Desist from violence and restore peace in kajo-keji” Former DG, Hon. Baiki

Oct 7, 2020(Nyamilepedia) — The Former SPLM/A-IO Deputy Governor of Gbudue State, Hon William Baiki, calls for peace in Kajo-Keji, urging the people to desist from violence. 

Local chiefs and elders from Mori speaking to media after defection of Maj. Gen. Moses Lokujo Gabriel in Juba(Photo credit: supplied/Nyamilepedia)

Local chiefs and elders from Mori speaking to media after defection of Maj. Gen. Moses Lokujo Gabriel in Juba(Photo credit: supplied/Nyamilepedia)

Hon William Baiki raised these concerns following Maj. Gen Moses Lokujo refusing to go to Juba until “he accomplishes his mission”.

Hon Baiki alleged that his announcement was a declaration of war on the people of Kajo-Keji.

“Following the defection and declaration of Maj. Gen Moses Lokujo from SPLA-IO to SSPDF last month on 21.09.2020, I learnt with dismay by the series of attacks on our fellow comrades who are undergoing Necessary unified army training in Moroto in the vincinity of Kajo-Keji respectively.” He said in a press release extended to Nyamilepedia

“Today on 06.10.2020 in Yei town Central Equatoria State, Maj. Gen Moses Lokujo released a press stating he won’t go to Juba but will accomplish his mission first which is clear declaration of war on the people of South Sudan.” He added.

Hon. Baiki called on the Government of South Sudan under the leadership of H.E Gen Salva Kiir to double their efforts to curve and contained such action which is a threat to security arrangement and permanent peace in the country.

He further called on the international Community, including Troika, IGAD, JDB and CTSAMM to quickly turn their their attention to Gen Lokujo and take swift actions against his former colleague before he escalates the conflict to a certain level.

“The defection of Maj.Gen to the SSPDF shouldn’t posed threat on the people around Kajo-Keji, but to follow up on his rank and file from SSPDF.”

Maj. Gen Moses Lokujo had been summoned by the Join Defense Board (JDB) to Juba to answer for the offensive following his declaration to drive out the be SPLA-IO forces in the area.

“So, I am telling you I am not going to Juba until the forces that claim to be SPLA-IO forces here in the area are driven out. So I won’t go until the mission is complete,” Maj. Gen Moses Lokujo had said.

Hon William Baiki said that the neighbouring states are concerned about the renewal of violence in the Kajo-Keji and that the people need peace more than anything at this critical moment

Tell us what you think

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.