SPLM/A-IO distanced itself from the unknown gunman shooting near the military Headquarter
September 7, 2020(Nyamilepedia) — The Sudan People Liberation Movement/Army in Opposition has distanced itself from the recent shooting near its military headquarters in Diel where a barge was attacked by the unknown gunmen.
Speaking to Nyamilepedia from the military headquarter, Daboul Steven recounted the event which happened at around 3:15 am on Monday last week.
“This came about at night, that was 3:15AM when two unknown criminals attacked the barge and shooted the team leader of the ship in a distance of thirty (30) Kilometers away from Diel.” Daboul said.
The SPLM/A(IO) was responding to speculations that at least three people have been killed in the barge in Diel, holding the SPLA-IO to blame.
“Yes, something unexpected happened along the Nile, but not in Diel as many reported it verbally and wrongly to radios news.” Doboul continued.
“No three people killed as reported, only one person who was wounded and we have done all his taking for medical help up to Malakal using our speed boat where his company airlifted him to Juba for an ultimate hospitalization.” He added.
According to the SPLM/A(IO) the barge crew should be blamed for refusing to spend the night in Diel as recommended by the SPLM/A-IO leadership and instead decided to spend the night in the barge.
“The crews of the barge plus their team leader did a great mistake because they left checkpoint and slept in a far distance where there was no security guarantees while they were told to sleep at checkpoint by security personnels, then they dogmatically refused and perplexed security organs at the checkpoint” Doboul explained.
“the unknown gunmen/criminals successfully got the chance to attack them because if they would be at the checkpoint, criminals wouldn’t attempt to launch any attack to them. Otherwise, this is not blame to SPLM/A I.O in Diel” He continued.
The SPLM/A-IO military headquarter feels concerned by reports emerging from Juba and wants the public to understand their version.
“All in all, If there had been inaccurate dispensation of what accidentally happened to the ship, then we therefore feel concern to alert you on the matter so that all of you shall not misunderstand how the case occurred and how it was handled plus the way forward pertaining road’s accessibility as being said by the poeple in Government (Juba) that it’s proscribed by I.O which was white lie.” He said.
The SPLM/A-IO military headquarter confirmed that one of the suspects has been apprehended and the other suspect is on the run.
“one of the criminals was captured and put in to close arrest, then the other one is also underway to be caught of which they would be fully brought to book.” Part of the report reads.
The SPLM/A-IO assures the community and traders that the security situation along the Nile is in good control and there is nothing to fear.
“Security situation along the Nile from our restrainining sites is hundred percent safe and secure up to date. I must ensure all traders who uses river Nile for their businesses to continue their normal transportations of the goods to wherever they feel like to go along the Nile without hindrances from SPLM/A I.O bases or check points.” The report continued.
SPLM/A-IO confirmed that the barge has proceeded to Juba and they have confirmed its arrival.