“No arrest has been made” – police spokesman

South Sudan police spokesman Major General Daniel Justin Boula Speaking to South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation (Photo credit: SSBC)

South Sudan police spokesman Major General Daniel Justin Boula Speaking to South Sudan Broadcasting Corporation (Photo credit: SSBC)

August 3, 2020 (Nyamilepedia) – South Sudan police spokesman has denied reports that the culprit responsible for the murder of three kids has been arrested, but said efforts to apprehend the criminal were still underway.

On Saturday evening, three siblings were murdered in the capital’s neighborhood of Rock city after their mother left the house for a nearby clinic to see one of her relatives who is being hospitalized.

Reports have been circulating on social media since then that the culprit, who is alleged to be a former “childless” wife of the father of the kids, had been arrested in connection with the gruesome killing.

However, speaking to Nyamilepedia this morning, Police spokesman Major General Daniel Justin Boula said the reports were untrue and no arrest has yet been made. He said efforts by the security forces in the capital were still ongoing to apprehend the culprit.

“That is not true. The perpetrator has not been arrested. The father of the kid has no ex-wife as said on social media. What we can say is that the security is working and hopefully we will find the criminal and justice will prevail,” General Justin says.

General Justin further said the police have however identified some suspects but could not say if those suspects have been apprehended by the police.