Rwanda says man returning from South Sudan tests positive for coronavirus
March 16th 2020 (Nyamilepedia) – The Rwandan Ministry of Health said in a statement on Sunday that one of its citizens who just returned to the country from South Sudan last week has tested positive for coronavirus during airport.
The Rwandan ministry of health said in the statement seen by Nyamilepedia that the patient is “A 34-year-old Rwandan man who arrived from South Sudan on 6 March 2020.”
The statement said all Rwandan coronavirus patients – five in number – “are currently under treatment in stable condition, isolated from other patients. The tracing of all contacts has been conducted for further management.”
“All residents of Rwanda should continue to observe all instructions from health authorities, particularly by washing hands regularly, avoiding large gatherings, and reporting any symptoms by calling the toll-free number 114 or contacting a medical professional,” the statement added.
The latest linking of the coronavirus patient in Rwanda to South Sudan raises fears that South Sudan might have a unknown number of patients who may have been exposed to the coronavirus which has so far been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).
On Sunday, an unnamed foreigner who was suspected to have coronavirus tested negative for the virus.