United States condemns continued fighting in South Sudan
October 17th 2018 (Nyamilepedia) – The United States government said on Wednesday that it condemns the continuation of fighting in South Sudan despite the ceasefire agreement signed in June and the final agreement signed in Addis Ababa last month.
South Sudan President and opposition leader Dr. Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon signed a permanent ceasefire agreement in June to end the ongoing conflict and to release detainees.
Last month, the two rivals turned peace partners signed the long waited revitalized agreement in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa to end the five-year old brutal South Sudan conflict paving way for hope to end to the suffering there.
However, despite agreements and promises made by the South Sudanese parties, the fighting has continued in most parts of the country despite report by peace monitors, CTSAMM including UNIMISS, that fighting has declined all over the country.
Both sides have buy cheap cialis 20mg traded accusation over who instigated the fighting that has also resulted into teh death of civilians.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the United States Embassy in Juba said rather than highlighting who instigated the most recent fighting in Yei, the outcome is the death, displacement and suffering of civilians.
“Regardless of who started shooting in Yei, fighting that results in civilian casualties and displacement is a serious and shocking violation of agreements to cease hostilities” the US Embassy said in a statement seen by Nyamilepedia on Wednesday.
The statement further said they appeal to the warring parties in South Sudan to stop fighting so as to ease humanitarian access for aid groups aiming at reaching remote areas across the country where humanitarian help is need.
“We echo the statement of the African Union Peace and Security Council which appeals to all the parties to the conflict to cease all acts of violence in South Sudan,” the statement further added.