First Vice-President’s wife, among eight family members hospitalized in Nairobi

Stephen Taban Deng Gai, 'First Vice President'(Photo: File)

Stephen Taban Deng Gai, ‘First Vice President'(Photo: File)

August 12th 2018 (Nyamilepedia) – A wife of the country’s First Vice-President, Taban Deng Gai, has been rushed to a hospital in the Kenyan capital Nairobi along with seven other family members after a fire incident in their apartment in the Kenyan capital caused almost their lives,  several sources told the Nyamilepedia this afternoon.

The incident,  one source said,  occurred on Friday afternoon while members of the First Vice-President’s family were celebrating a birthday party for one of the his daughters when fire caught the house covering the family with smoke leading almost to death.

“Eight members from Taban Deng Gai’s family, the first vice president of the Republic of South Sudan were rushed to Hospital  in Nairobi on Friday. The family was celebrated the birthday party for one of its daughters and used the fires made of charcoal in the house,” the source told the Nyamilepedia on the condition of anonymity.

The source added that due to the absence of enough oxygen, molecules in the air,  the family members all suffered from this incident.

“Due to the absent or fewer oxygen molecules in the air,and instead carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide molecules in the house when locked.Then it resulted to serious suffering of about eight members inside the house including his wife (name withheld for security reasons) who [be ]came so  unconscious becuase there was an absent of oxygen inside the house  when charcoal  catched fire and burned up,” the source further added.

Another source who also confirmed the incident said all the eight family members were rushed to a nearby hospital and three were later released on Saturday after a sum of 1500 USD was paid.

“All eight members were rushed to hospital for treatment and three of eight were released  emmidiate but five  remained in the hospital until Saturday afternoon when the bill of 1500 dollar were paid later,” the source said.

No death has been reported according to the source and the office of the First Voce-President was unreachable for comment.