South Sudan peace talks in Khartoum extended again
July 13th 2018 (Nyamilepedia) – South Sudan’s ongoing talks in the Sudanese capital Khartoum have been extended again for the fourth time after opposition groups rejected a pro-government peace plan presented in Entebbe last weekend by Uganda’s Museveni.
The Sudanese government last week presented another proposal which exactly looks similar to the Entebbe proposal and was yet again rejected by the many opposition groups fighting the government of President Salva Kiir.
A government official who preferred the cover of anonymity told the Nyamilepedia today that the mediation has extended the period f the talks after the opposition rejected both the Entebbe and the Post-Entebbe proposals.
“The mediation of the Sudanese government have extended the talks to next week which will be coming Tuesday. They said they the reason for the extension of the talks was because of the rejection of the two proposals, teh Entebbe and the Pos-Entebbe proposals,” the the official said.
The official said the mediation also asked for a time to conduct a shuttle diplomacy between Khartoum and Juba who are seen as allies by many opposition groups after the Entebbe proposal backfired.
“The mediation will conducted a shuttle diplomacy. They asked for a time and they said this will not be completed until next Tuesday upon which they will unveil a new power sharing proposal for the parties currently participating in the Khartoum talks,” the official said.