Khartoum talks to continue until Thursday: Sudanese Foreign Minister
July 9th 2018 (Nyamilepedia) – The Sudanese government mediating peace agreement between the many South Sudan armed and non armed opposition groups has announced that the talks would continue in the Sudanese capital Khartoum until July 12th, next Thursday.
The Sudanese Foreign Minister, Al-Dierdiry Ahmed, announced after an unannounced meeting with the Troika diplomats in Khartoum on Sunday that the talks had been extended until Thursday to give time for the negotiating teams to reach agreement on contentious issues.
Over the weekend, President Salva Kiir and opposition leader Dr. Riek Machar Teny met in the Ugandan city of Entebbe and were served with a proposal by the Ugandan President and Sudan’s Al-Bashir about a peace plan that would see the transitional government of national be administered by a president with four deputies.
In a statement to the Nyamilepedia on Monday, the SPLM-IO Director for Information and Public Relations Pouk Both Baluang said the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition under the leadership of the country’s former First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon said it has rejected the Uganda proposal presented to the parties on Saturday by the Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni and the Sudanese President Omar Hassan Ahmed Al-Bashir.
“The Kampala proposal is like all other proposals presented to us previously in Addis Ababa. It was just a proposal similar to the Khartoum proposal,” Baluang said in a statement to the Nyamilepedia.
He said the SPLM-IO delegation after deliberating on it rejected it.
“SPLM(IO) delegation after deliberating it (the Kampala’s proposal) with our leadership, responded to its content. We have rejected Kampala proposal and presented our position as a response,” he said.