The SPLM Finally Admit Destroying the Republic of South Sudan
By. Hon. Dominic Ukelo,
May 8th 2018(Nyamilepedia) — On 4th May 2018, the members of SPLM National Liberation Council (NLC), who met in Juba, concluded with their final resolution admitting to the public of:
1. Failing to institutionalize and democratize the exercise of power in their Party, which described mostly by South Sudanese people as the root cause of the current crisis in the Republic of South Sudan
2. Their collective responsibility, as leaders of the SPLM party, for the crisis that has engulfed the country.
3. Their lost of discipline and respect of the Constitution and Basic Rules of the SPLM party, which contributed to the emergence of the current crisis over power and leadership. Indeed, the innocent citizen of South Sudan didn’t commit any wrong doing to be killed or destabilized. The proximate cause of this brutal civil war was a falling out between the SPLM’s top politicians.
Therefore, giving the fact that the NLC of the SPLM, under the leadership of president Salva Kiir Myardit, has admitted to the public and took the responsibility of their wacky activities and irresponsibility, the people of South Sudan reserve their rights to hold the leadership of the SPLM/A accountable for their:
a. Killing, committing rapes/abuses against the civilians in different places in the Republic of South Sudan.
b. Evil acts of destroying and pillaging civilian properties during government forces operations in several areas in the Republic of South Sudan
c. Destabilising innocent civilians, as the result, UNMISS continued to shelter more than 1,854,000 Internally Displaced Person IDP, who forced to flee their homes by irresponsible behaviour of the SPLM party
d. Furthermore, as SPLM/A continue waging war on their own people, many civilians flee the country as we speak, bringing the total number of refugees so far to 4 million, scattered in the countries around the South Sudan.
4. Additional to the wide range of corruptions by the SPLM leaders, looting the resources of the country continue on daily basis, leaving civilian without basic needs. In which large financial transactions, involving politically exposed persons, defined as SPLM senior government officials and military officers, as well as their families, end up in personal accounts outside the country, those financial transactions have been unlawful or otherwise improper
5. With all due respect to the SPLAM/A and it’s history of liberation, the people of South Sudan are sceptical in the future of the country under the current leadership of the SPLM party.
6. Until the South Sudanese introduce new leaders, to work for the interest of the country, to develop a road map in order to put an end to this conflict, and incubate a Marshall Plan for the interest of reviving the broken economy, the Republic of South Sudan will remain ruined and looted by the SPLM leaders.
Hon. Dominic Ukello is the opposition governor of Wau.
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s). To publish your article, contact our editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com