May 07, 2017 (Nyamilepedia) —— Maj. Gen. Chuol Lam Puoch, the military Governor of Sobat State, in the former Upper Nile State, has formed his government through two decrees bearing the seal of the State and the signature of the Governor, dated May 5, 2017. Sobat State is one of the territories under the control of Machar’s SPLM/SPLA (IO). While the first decree contains the appointment of five advisors, the second decree carries the appointment of eight secretaries. The State Decree sent to Nyamilepedia news desk by Dukhan Jundit Both, the newly appointed advisor for Information, Orientation and Documentation says Gov Chuol Lam formed his Government on Friday last week.
“Implementing assignment bestowed upon me by Chairman and Commander in Chief of the SPLM/SPLA, Cde Dr. Riek Machar Teny, I Maj. Gen. Chuol Lam Puoch, Governor of Sobat State, do hereby appointing the following comrades to the positions indicated against their names,” reads part of the Executive Order, marked ‘Executive Order DOD’.
- Banguot Kailech Dhol, Advisor for political affairs
- Gatdoar Goat Thoan, Advisor for security affairs
- Koang Thiyang Nyoak, Advisor for finance and economic affairs
- Dukhan Jundit Both, Advisor for Information, Orientation and Documentation
- John Khat Dhol, Advisor for Human Resources Development
- Gok Lual Benykeer, Secretary for Cabinet and Acting Deputy Governor
- Chuol Kuajien Tut, Secretary for Local Government and Traditional Leadership
- Gatwech Yak Geng, Secretary for Law Enforcement, Justice and Accountability
- Hoth Nyoun Hoth, Secretary for Finance and Resources Management
- Reath Maluoth Deng, Secretary for Commerce and Supply
- Yien Pouch Rout, Secretary for information, Orientation and Documentation
- Chuol Dak Yak, Secretary for Education and Human Development
- Peter Puok Gatwech, Secretary for Health.
Statewide Consultation is underway to fill up the Secretaries of Agriculture and Water Supply; Humanitarian and Public Relation; Social Welfare, Child Protection and Women Empowerment