Concerned Kitchener-Waterloo South Sudanese Communities In Canada Match To Street In Protest Of Fighting Back Home.
July 18, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —- We are outraged by the recent renewed fighting and expresses our deep condolences and sympathies to all the families affected by the deadly fighting between the rival forces of the President Kiir and his rival First Vice President Dr.Riek Machar in the South Sudan capital Juba, between 7th – 11th July 2016 claiming hundred of innocent lives and displacement.
We condemned all attacks and targeted killing against civilians on their ethnicity and expressed views and opinions in strongest terms possible and the parties to cease and prevent these crimes against humanity and engage in peaceful dialogue to end their political differences.
The community while apportion blame to both the UN and IGAD for not taking serious actions at the time the parties were not realistic in their commitment to the implementation of the agreement (President Kiir’s Group in government), however, we also praised them for their engagement in ending the crisis of December 2013 culminating in the Agreement signed by the parties on 17 & 26 August.2015.
Our community would like to remind you all that the recent carnage were as a result of failure of the leadership to recognize its partner in the peace agreement and that was evident from failure of the parties to work together as a team since the government were established in 30 April 2016. The lack of trust and confidence resulted in a hard-line position to implement the core aspects of the peace agreement and that is the security arrangement resulting into relapse to violence…
The concerned KW South Sudanese Communities present to you the popularly accepted roadmap not only by the UN, IGAD and TROIKA countries but most South Sudanese to salvage the faltering ARCISS. We humbly appeal to you the MPs/ representatives and the Counselors for concerted, fast and effective action through our Government in Ottawa to:
- Urge UN, AU, IGAD and TROIKA including China to support a THIRD PARTY FORCE under UNMISS from the IGAD countries to create a BUFFER ZONE between the two rival forces, and to ensure demilitarization of the capital Juba.
- Supports UNMISS with needed resources and equipment to discharge its Protection of Civilians mandate and obligations.
- Arm embargo and sanctions including specific sanctions against anti peace leaders and senor officials and officers.
- Facilitate justice and accountability (establish Hybrid Court).
- Expedite transition to democratic elections to end rivalry and political correctness.
- UN, Secretary General, Ban Ki Moon, UN HQRS, New York,
- Chairperson of the African Union,
- Chairperson of IGAD,
- Representatives of TROIKA Countries (UK, Norway, and U.S.).
The Honorable MPs/Representatives and Regional Counselors.
CC/- Hon.Berry Vrbanovic, Mayor, City of Kitchener.
STATEMENT RELEASED ON MONDAY 18TH OF JULY 2016, IN THE CITY OF KITCHENER, OMTARIO, CANADA.