Dear Ambrose Riiny Thiik and The Jieng Council of Elders
To Jieng (Dinka) Council of Elders-JCE.
Through Ambrose Riing Thiik,
Chairman of JCE-Juba.
From Sam Simon Mayian Tut,
Dear Ambros Riiny
June 16, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —— At the outset, as nationalist, I would like to take this opportunity to write to you this piece of message hoping that it will find you in sound intellectual health so that you are able to carefully peruse and subsequently understand it. I would also like to extend this message to entire JCE and Dinka ethnic group through you as well. This is my first message to you (JCE) after long silence and patience in my capacity as the Chairman of BNFA.
The Nuers and Dinkas are ancestrally relatives: they share almost common historical experiences and heritage, languages, socio-economic activities, and many more parameters of life. They had lived and thrived together throughout ancient civilizations and continued living and thriving up until today. Even the mostly widely believed myth- (that father of Mony-Nuer and Mony-Jang did not die intestate: he left a will of a cow and its calf to his sons and supposedly, a cow was for Mony-Jang and the calf to Mony-Nuer; unfortunately, cunningly out of greed, Mony-Jang woke up at night and stole the calf instead of the cow. Mony-Nuer, as ever magnanimous, though dismayed took the cow instead of his calf as gifted by their father) – illustrates that Nuer and Dinka are in deeds kin and kith anthropologically. Perhaps, this myth may explain the contemporary reality of mistrust between the two relatives and also the intransigence scheming behaviors of Dinka as being portrayed by the JCE by meddling in the national affairs of South Sudan unwelcomingly and unceremoniously. The imminent personalities like Bona Malual are not spared either- as he was heard to have made an absurd utterance claiming that South Sudan belongs to Dinka at UN General Assembly in 2015 belittling himself to child-brained human being.
[ad name=”Google Ad 06″]
WHY IS IT WHEN DINKA BECOMES A LEADER IN SUDAN/SOUTH SUDAN THAT WE FACE SERIOUS CRISIS?
As I have mentioned earlier that Nuer and Dinka have common historical experiences; yes, of course these include liberation struggles. As a matter of fact, all ethnicities, nationalities and peoples of South Sudan are equally shareholders of the liberations struggles from the colonial era to contemporary resistances to forces of oppression. No ethnic group in the making and history of South Sudan has done more or less: WE ARE ALL LIBERATORS! Having emphasized the immense contributions made by all the peoples of South Sudan during liberation against the forces of oppression, it is high time to return to the question: WHY IS IT WHEN DINKA BECOMES A LEADER IN SUDAN/SOUTH SUDAN THAT WE FACE SERIOUS CRISIS? I hope you will be able to give me the answer. Below is the brief summary of the three fateful events that took place in the contemporary history of South Sudan when Dinka is at the helm of leadership:
- 1983: Abel Alier conspired and carried out subversive acts against Joseph Lagu and engineer Mathew Obur and instigated resentments and regionalism that led to breaking of Southern Sudan Region into Upper Nile, Equatoria and Bahr el Gazal regions;
- 1991: Dr.John Garang tried to squelch popular demand of people for Self-Determination; and
- 2013: Salva Kiir perpetrated genocide and ethnic cleansing against the people of South Sudan.
Despite the equal enormous sacrifices paid by all the 64 ethnic groups that now inhabit the Republic of South Sudan, the Dinka repeatedly claimed the lunch-share and behave superciliously oblivious and reticent of that fact that their naïve and ethnic chauvinism is too unscrupulous to be tolerated by people of South Sudan in particular and world in general. The current trend of JCE fueling the crisis and promoting ethnic chauvinism is unacceptable and unbecoming and must be resisted in all its forms.
I would like to conclude this brief message with the followings:
- That you unreservedly support the full implementation of ARCISS in its totality for resumption of conflict, as you always been advocating, will have disastrous consequences on you;
- That you fully support the establishment of TRANSITIONAL JUSTICE INSTITUTIONS so that those who committed heinous crimes be made to face justice and victims compensated;
- That JCE withdraw the ill-intentioned meddling in the national affairs and ONLY function as community-based institution that is concerned with social welfare of Dinka;
- That you stop Dinka hegemony and grabbing of others’ lands notably the Collo land of Malakal;
- That you avert the imposition of the so-called fake 28 states that were established as the furtherance of Dinka land grabbing and NOT based on administrative or geographical basis;
- That you stop intransigence to ethnic chauvinism, sectarianism, regionalism, kleptocracy and oppression of other South Sudanese communities;
- That you respect and promote social cohesion instead of instigating and inciting others to fight your proxy wanton wars;
- That we, the people of South Sudan, begin to reconcile so that we begin the process of wound healing and trust building;
- That we, the people of South Sudan, stand behind the TGoNU so that it spearheads national building ; and
- That we, people of South Sudan, revive and restore the ideology of the SPLM by rendering our allegiance and unwavering supports to Dr.Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon who spearheads the REFORM AGENDA and restoration of our guiding principles and values.
I wish to stop here and looking forward of hearing from you.
The author of this article is a concern South Sudanese. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
[ad name=”Google Ad 07″]