SPLM Youth League Applaud The Presidency For Making Progress On Contentious Issues
By Puot Kang Chuol
June 4, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —– The SPLM-VIVA Youth League would like to applaud and congratulate the presidency, for the bold steps taken to discuss and resolve the contiguous issues in order to accelerate the operationalization of the implementation of the resolution of conflict in South Sudan (ARCISS).
[ad name=”Google Ad 06″]
His Excellency President Salva Kiir Mayardit, His Excellency First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon and His Excellency vice President James Wani Igga in their meeting which discussed and resolved the standoff issues include the following:
- Transitional National Legislative Assembly to be formed as soon as possible. The Leaders are waiting for the Nominees (MPs) of the other political parties.
- Presidential Advisors have been agreed to be 19 Presidential Advisors. The SPLM to have 10 Presidential Advisors who are already appointed by the President, SPLM IO to have 6 Presidential Advisors and FDs and other Political Parties to have 3 Presidential Advisors.
- Vacant seats in the parliament: President Kiir appointed 10 MPs already and now are confirmed by the Presidency. The rest of the remaining 6 MPs will be appointed after joint consultation with their constituencies and President, FVP and VP.
- Reinstatement of the MPs who left because of the war will be reinstated immediately.
- Reinstatement of Civil Servants.
- All the civil servants who left or dismissed because of the war will be reinstated.
- First Vice President to provide the comprehensive list of these Civil Servants.
- Independent Commissions and Institutions to be reconstituted based on the power sharing ratio of the parties to the agreement. The selection committee of the parties to the agreement shall sit and allocate and select the Independent Commissions and Institutions based on the power sharing ratios.
- National Reconciliation and Healing to be launched soon and the parties to appeal to the international Community for the support.
- South Sudan and Sudan Cooperation Agreement of September 2012 to be operationalized. The file will be in the Office of the First Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan.
The Presidency resolved also to invite the IGAD Leaders to explain on the Selection of the Speaker.
However, the SPLM – VIVA Youth League would like to encourage the presidency to continue with the same spirit in order to sustain the lasting peace to the people of south Sudan which they deserve and addressing the Pending issues of;
- Election of the Speaker of the TNLA.
- Changing of the political affiliation in the parliament, and
- Representation of the SPLM IO in the Special Reconstruction Fund, in their next meeting.
Puot Kang Chuol,
Chairman, SPLM – VIVA Youth League,
South Sudan, Juba