SPLM-IO: Ten National Ministerial Portfolios Selected By The Movement in TGNU Are Yet To Be Nominated
Jan 10, 2016 (Nyamilepedia) —- South Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition (SPLM-IO) says it’s yet to fill in the names of 10 national ministerial portfolios selected by the movement in TGoNU that is to be formed this month, James Gatdet Dak, the spokesman in the office of SPLM-IO leader Dr Riek Machar has put out a clarification statement on his Facebook page,
“The leadership of SPLM/SPLA (IO) has not yet nominated names to fill the 10 selected national ministerial portfolios,” said Dak.
On January 8, 2016, an online WordPress calling itself “Equatoria Union” published a list of 10 names from the SPLM/SPLA (IO) as newly nominated Ministers to fill all 10 ministerial positions allotted to the SPLM-IO in the selection arrangement prescribed in the peace agreement.
The Equatoria Union published SPLM-IO Ministers in TGoGU in the following order:
- Ministry of Peteroluem, Cde. Gen Taban Deng Gai
- Ministry of Interior, Cde. Manawa Peter Gatkuoth Gual
- Ministry of Water resources and Irrigation, Cde. Wiu Kuon
- Ministry of Labour, public Service and Human Resources Development, Cde. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth
- Ministry of Federal Affairs, Cde. Gen. Alfred Lado Gore
- Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Cde. Dr. Peter Adwok Nyaba
- Ministry of Energy and Dams, Cde. Angelina Nyajany Teny
- Ministry of Huminatrian Affairs and Disaster Management, Cde. Hussein Mar Nyuot
- Ministry of Land, housing and Urban Development, Cde. Stephen Par Kuol
- Ministry of Mining, Cde. Dr. Dhieu Mathok Diing
“The ‘lists’ which are being circulated in the social media are not official. They are mere guesses and wishes from individuals around the world. The public will be informed accordingly once an official nomination is done by the leadership,” James Gatdet refuted the Equatoria Union published statement.