Who Will Lead The Joint Supreme National Liberation Leadership Council (JSNLLC) ?
By Yien Lam Tot
Jan 03, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —- On 29th of November 2015, the SSNDP/SSNDF formally called for the formation of the Joint Supreme Liberation Leadership Council (JSLLC) which should be charged with planning, organising, controlling and the monitoring of the political-military activities in the rebel held territory. The idea was highly welcomed by the vast majority of the freedom fighters. Too many people said that the SPLM/SPLA-I.O. which is headed by Dr. Riek Machar Teny completely failed to liberate the enslaved, marginalised, forcefully kiirised and the dinkanised ethnic groups in South Sudan because it accepted to sign the Addis Ababa Comprise Peace Agreement (ACPA on 17th August 2015.
The freedom fighters added that they withdrew their support from the SPLM/SPLA-I.O. because the upcoming Transitional Government of the National Unity (UTGNU) will be led by Gen. Mayardit of the (SPLA) who authorised the massacre of unarmed innocent civilians in Juba from 15th-17th December 2015 in the present of the International Community (IC).
It is very clear that the overwhelming majority of the South Sudan’s freedom fighters strongly support the establishment of the Joint Supreme National Liberation Leadership Council (JSNLLC) in order liberate the whole country from the SPLM/SPLA and its allies faster and safely. The big question is who will preside over the awaiting Democratic Transitional Government for the National Salvation (DTGNS)? The SSNDP/SSNDF has proposed that the person who will lead the Joint High National Liberation Leadership Council (JHNLLC) must meet the following leadership requirements:
- Must have attained a University Decree from the recognised educational institution;
- Have previous satisfactory political and military experience;
- Physically and mentally fit to run the (DTGNS);
- Can match his /her leadership style with the current situation to get the job done faster;
- Able to bring advanced modern military weapons communication equipments, uniforms, boots, vehicles, medical supply, sleeping materials, and other army needs;
- Ability to build strong diplomatic relationships with the foreign nations;
- Can work closely and cooperatively with all supporters;
- Ability to combat against all forms of corruption;
- Demonstrated high level of commitment in the liberation of South Sudan from the SPLM/SPLA;
- Ability to compete with Gen. King Mayardit of the (SPLA) politically and military;
- Demonstrate honesty /integrity;
- Good communication skills;
- Can listen to his /her followers;
- Ability to investigate the root causes of the conflicts before solving the problems;
- Able to mediate between the two parties;
- Demonstrate high level of counseling and empowerment;
- Ability to build an effective team;
- Inspire the the followers and thier associates;
- Ability to influence the stakeholders;
- Make ethical decisions consitently;
- Couragious and tactiful person;
- Good at time management;
- Able to delegate the tasks in professional manner; and
- Other leadership skills and qualities.
In summary, the Head of the rebel movements should hold a joint formal meeting by January 2016 to elect the person who will lead the Joint Supreme National Liberation Leadership Council (JSNLLC) of the Democratic Transitional Government for the National Salvation (DTGNS). There is no good reason to delay the formation of the (DTGNS) beausee the overwelming majority of the freedom fighters highly welcomed the creation of the (JSNLLC) to free the enslaved, marginalised, forcifuly kiirised and the dinkanised ethnic communities in South Sudan.
Commander Yien Lam Tot
The author is an Advocate for Situational Leadership theories and he holds Asso. Dip. of Sustain.; Asso.Dip. of Admin; Dip. of Bus.; Dip. of HR.; Dip. of Mgt.; and Post Grad. Leadership Degree.
The writer is also the President of the (SSNDP) and Commander-in-chief of the (SSNDF) South Sudan, Liberated Area. He can be reached at totTottot2014@hotmail.com or email@example.com or + 249 -96 5060 624