South Sudan Rebels “Never deserted” Their Positions At Wedakona – Spokesman
March 10, 2015(Nyamilepedia) — According to Col. Lony T. Ngundeng, the military spokesman of SPLA-IO, their forces never abandoned their strongholds at Wedakona as alleged by his former boss, Lul Ruai Koang, who defected to the government three weeks ago.
“They started shielding the area for long hours up to now, but In spite of all these heavy shelling and constant attacks on our position, our gallant forces of SPLM/A IO were able to stage a steep resistance, up to now for the last 72 hours” Lony said.
“We had never deserted our positions we continue to exchangeable attacks on both sides .likewise our forces are in high moral and are determined to deter the advancing forces whatever it might cost.” Lony added.
Col Lony reiterates that their base at Wedakona has been attacked by SPLA-Juba from multiple directions in the last three days.
“The Government troops allied with SPLM/A North other Darfur rebels groups (JEM-Khalil Ibrahim, SLA-MM, SLA-AW, JEM-SBLR- Mahjuob Hussein, LJM-) had concentrated their attacks on our forces in Wedakona for the last three days; these attacks were launched on three directions” Lony explains
“The first expedition came from Abujebeiha on the western side, accompanied with hundreds of mounted land cruisers and heavy tanks.” Lony illustrates.
“The other forces were attacking from the South and south west. And finally; the 3rd. expedition was using boats mounted with artilleries.” He continued.
Lony believes that their forces, which were widely spread in the area have reorganized and recaptured parts of the county that Juba invaded last week.
“Most of our front forces were left behind at Ahluf during the attack but currently our forces have reorganized and firmly regained their stance and position.” Lony said.
The Spokesman further assures the supporters, and populations of Lou-Nuer counties in Jonglei state that their forces are solidly prepared to encounter the alleged advancing government troops on their areas.
“The SPLM/A IO forces in Jonglei are solidly prepared for a confrontation with the government advancements, but we are not far from Bor town we will surprise them soon.” Lony said
“Our audience should rest calm and assured for an overwhelming victory, God is on our side in favor of innocent victims of December 15th. 2013.” The acting spokesman concludes.