CONGRATULATION TO BIEH STATE GOVERNOR AND THE ENTIRE LOU NUER COMMUNITY AT LARGE
By Gatluke Chuol Reat,
Feb 10, 2015(Nyamilepedia) — At first, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Riek Machar Teny for appointed Col. Koang Gatkuoth Kerjiok as a Military Governor for our newly created Bieh State. Although Bieh State is a name that has been exited throughout the years, I would joyfully congratulate Dr. Riek Machar as the first President would be to firmly put it into effect as a full Bieh State, Congratulation sir!
To the newly appointed Governor, tt is with a great and joyous heart that I write to congratulate you, I am particularly thankful to God Almighty for sparing our lives to witness the occasion of your appointment as the first Governor to my beloved Bieh State. I pray God grants unto you good and sound health to see you through your tenure to lift up our people in the years to come. I also congratulate you on your remarkable victory as would be first ever icon to the entire Lou Nuer community at large. We know you will conduct and work with great men and women of the Holy Land, who love this Bieh State dearly.
No doubt Hon. Koang Gatkuoth Kerjiok, you are a very intelligent Military Officer to whom a lot of youths will looks up to and will seek a political mentorship. We think and would want you to be classical example of a well-grass root politician. Mr. Governor, the fact speak for itself that when one open to his or her people with the wealth of experience and to promise your people that you will bring a governance for our Bieh State would be the reasons many would opted to support you down the road. We hope that your in-depth knowledge of the length and breadth of the Bieh State and the challenges that confront us as a people was quite appealing; we want you to demonstrate a full understanding of the political polity of the Bieh State. In which I am convinced deep within me that you will do and that will led us into a good governance not only for our State also for the people of South Sudan we who are looking for this dearly.
I wholeheartedly will join you n heart and help you to succeed because your success is our success. I remembered how I use to argue vehemently our brothers in Bieh State since 2011 when Juba Government declared war against Lou Nuer by allowing weapons to armed Murle Youths and used Kuol Manynag as a key to finish the Lou Nuer. Since then, the struggle continued follow by December 15, 2013 when the same Government decided to carried-out the most unethical and immoral killings of the Nuer People in Juba later spread across the country.
As you settled down in office, my hopes were high as I believed the template for the development of our dear State that had been drawn long before and by the Juba regime since the starts or since the creation of South Sudan. We would hope your government would set out a clear and a bright note, coming with a lot of wonderful ideas and beautiful initiatives. This would further a speedy recovery of our people and what they would hope to see from their own State. Also this will show that you are well-prepared for the top job in our State as you had demonstrated in your military career. It is good also that you understood the ways of Lou Nuer and how to bring succor to the people through the formulation and implementation of therapeutic government policies.
A call to Lou Nuer people! My appeal to you would be to copy and past the meeting of November 1-7 1999 in Waat, Lou Nuer.
In 1999, Lou Nuer met at the conference called “People-to-People Peace and Governance Conference in Waat” a peace conference was organized by New Sudan Council of Churches (NSCC) from 1-7 November 1999. Delegates came from all districts in addition to Lou who came from Malakal, Khartoum and foreign countries.
The conference has concluded as follows
We have met to establish a lasting peace, to build a common system of governance and to appeal to others to join us in rebuilding our communities and spreading this peace and reconciliation to all of south Sudan.
We have agreed to the following:-
- An end to all conflicts among Lou Nuer
- Amnesty for offenses against persons and property prior to 1 November 1999
- A call to all Lou people to return to home areas and embrace the peace
- Extending the hand of peace to Gaawar Nuer to our west and Jikany Nuer to our East. We stand ready to resolve any outstanding issues and build a permanent peace.
- Extending the hand of peace to all neighbouring people on the East Bank of the Nile. With the NSCC, we invite all Nilotic peoples on the East Bank of the Nile to send delegations in February 2000 for a People-to-People peace conference.
- Strongly urge our political and military leaders to construct civil and military governance systems that will unite all Nuer people and contribute to a reconciled and united south Sudan. This system must be outside the control of the Government of Sudan or persons working in Government of Sudan controlled areas of the country.
- A separation of civil and judicial administration from the military administration;
- Empowerment of chiefs to handle all local judicial cases and a rebuilding of the civil judicial system;
- Establishment of a police system that will maintain order within our communities and be accountable to the civil administration;
- Instruct all civil administrators to be accountable for their areas, to the people, and to work in a close and transparent manner with indigenous and international NGOs;
- Require the regular military and the White Army to demobilize all children under age fifteen;
- Commit ourselves to development of water resources that enable us to have permanent communities, the establishment of schools for our children, health care for our people, and food to sustain ourselves all year.
Appeals from Lou Nuer
- To all Nuer: Appeal for unity, peace and shared responsibility for security within a unified political administration.
- To all Neighbors: We declare a unilateral, permanent cease-fire and express our desire to build peace with our neighbors.
- To all Southerners: We appeal for an unending commitment to unite south Sudan so that security is assured, our political objectives are realized and our rights protected.
- To all Friends of South Sudan: We appeal for partners who will help us rebuild our communities, strengthen our civil administration, and provide support for our
A call to Lou Nuer Sons and daughters who are still with the Juba Led Regime
We strongly urge you that it never too late to think of your people, it never too lste to rise again, I want to remind you if you are not going to change your mind, we think of you as, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.
We want you to come home and erased this feeling from us that you are there for yourself and that you are there to worshiping the master for your own benefit. So please we still remember you as the sons and daughters of our Holy Land, the Lou Nuer. We have our own sate now and if you think that you are fighting against Dr. Riek Machar Teny, politically, keep it in mind that that is not a case anymore rather you will be fighting with all of us from the Holy Land of the Lou Nuer’s Bieh State
As a reminder to all of you and our newly appointed Governor, we want you to work with military command led by our brother Maj. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual, the Chief of Staff of SPLA-IO and Brig. Gen Dor Monyjur plus countless officers in Bieh State.
Gatluke Chuol Reat, for information, you can reach the author at firstname.lastname@example.org