Public Opinion in the south designated support for Dr: Machar
By Michael Gatguat Tap Gatluak
Oct 03, 2014(Nyamilepedia) — On 01/10/2014 a few south Sudanese intellectuals and I had a small gathering in one of the Egyptian hotels debating the calamity of the republic of south Sudan and the better way forward for the young African nation . So the result of colloquium indicates a very strong support for the SPLM/A-in opposition under the leadership of Dr Riak Machar. They present the reality as follow.
- -an estimated 90 percent of south Sudanese believe there was no coup, but a plan by the ruling clique under the juba faction of Salva Kiir to assassinate opponents within the SPLM to keep themselves in power. Some said that plan was premeditated long time ago at Yei conference in 2004.
- -a private ethnic militia was insinuated, illegally trained ,graduated from one sub clan of Bahar El Ghazal, armed and paid by tax payers’ money.
- – a gathering of those who want reform within the SPLM party for it to more democratic immediately took place.
- – Some believe that no one wants to be associated themselves with the crumbling Juba faction but because of money and bribery, many act as if they are with the government while at heart they support the SPLM/A in opposition under Dr Machar who want the republic of south Sudan to be federal democratic state.
- – Most of these cliques who work for Salva Kiir know that if Salva Kiir succeed in installing his tribal dictatorial government, they will lose their jobs, arrested or killed one after another or chase out of the country like the previous cabinets, who now live in exile in Kenya.
If you read and understand the above frameworks you would agree that Salva Kiir is fabricating rage ethnic nationalism to ensure cluttering of a facilitated national leadership and also to dominate the rest of his foes who want reform democracy in the country .
In our conclusion to the conversation we agreed on the view that the state of south Sudan needs to install good governance that will implement the reforms in the Federal Democratic Republic of South Sudan with the following considerations:
- -South Sudan needs the right of autonomy and self rule compared to the protectorate of Salva Kiir ruled by Yoweri Museveni
- – South Sudan needs the right to arbitrately enact its own law to protect and benefit the citizens compared to the protectorate of Salva Kiir that benefit foreigners while killing its own citizens.
- South Sudanese needs to benefit from social wealth fare, to meet the needs of the citizens, compare to the self service regime of Salva Kiir who run out of developmental projects, starving and displacing citizens.
- South Sudan needs the rights to revise democracy in a popular frameworks compared to the regime of Salva Kiir who is imposing tribal hegemony and autocracy in a broad day light.
- -South Sudan needs the rights to socialize and diversify intermarriages, education, trades among and peaceful coexistence among tribes within our beloved nation compared to the regime of mad dictatorship, led by tribal elders, who create policies to benefit only one tribe in the country.
Long live south Sudan
Long live the people of south Sudan
Long live al –Zeam Dr Machar
The author is Michael Gatguat tap Gatluak, a concern south Sudanese citizen residing in Arab republic of Egypt and Former NYSAE and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org –email@example.com contact mobile:+201148879177.