Declaration of the California SPLM Chapter in San Diego to Support the SPLM/A in Opposition
SPLM – California Chapter in San Diego
July 18, 2014(Nyamilepedia) — The California’s SPLM Chapter members in San Diego have switched sides from supporting the government of the Republic of South Sudan and declared their support to the SPLM/A in Opposition/Resistance Movement, under the leadership of the Commander in Chief Dr. Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon.
Hon. Reath Muoch Tang, the former member of South Sudan’s Legislative Assembly, visited San Diego and had a successful meeting that rendered South Sudanese people declared their allegiance to the SPLM/A in Opposition on July 12, 2014.
The meeting was attended by an overwhelming super majority of the members. Mr. Reath Tang had articulated the reasons why SPLM/A in Opposition picked up arm rebellion against the government of South Sudan. Members were educated about the genesis of the problem and the way forward. The following points were narrated, among many, by Mr. Reath Tang:
- There was no “coup” attempt on December 15, 2013 by Dr. Riek Machar and his political colleagues. Reports published in Juba in March, 2014 stated “The head of military intelligence, Gen. Mac Paul Kuol Awar, denounced there was no coup attempt.” The report elaborates that the chief of intelligence argued there was no such thing as a coup; instead, it was a misunderstanding among the soldiers of Tiger Battalion, which was then mishandled till it escalated into a countrywide chaos. Many reports were published as well by the UNIMISS and other aid organizations that there were no evidences of coup attempt.
- President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda, a co-president of South Sudan, himself dismissed this claim in Addis Ababa on June 11, 2014, saying “What caused the crisis in mid-December was simply a fighting between presidential guards.”
- Nuer people were premeditated massacred because they are Nuer. Salva Kiir tries to force his way toward a dictatorship by picking on one tribe at a time. The Juba Nuer massacre must be answered by Salva Kiir and his cliques.
- People of Greater Equatoria have become victims, being kidnap and kill almost in daily basis in Juba because they express their support to the federal system introduced by the SPLM/A in Opposition. Democratic and federal system lovers in Greater Bahr El Ghazal are being targeted as well.
- A guarantee freedom of press and human right for all citizens of South Sudan is the primary God’s given right, which the SPLM/A in Opposition is fighting for to be stipulated in the constitution of the country.
- The main reason why the California’s SPLM Chapter declared its support to the SPLM/A in Opposition/Resistance Movement is an idea of federalism. Federal system is the only way to reunite South Sudanese toward a democratic system in the Republic of South Sudan. Currently, all the democratic and federal system lovers are being intimidated and killed in Juba for voicing their interest.
Mr. Reath Tang has delivered those points to the SPLM members in San Diego to decide whether they want to remain under a dictatorship of Salva or support the democratic and federalism movement. The California’s SPLM Chapter members stood firm and tall to declare their full and unwavering support to the SPLM/A in Opposition. “We say No No to the dictatorship government of Salva Kiir, and say yes yes to the freedom and the federal system, introduced by the SPLM/A in Opposition” stated by one of the members.
The South Sudanese in diaspora will no longer be silence. The number of civilian killed has advanced to genocide, similar to what occurred in Rwanda in 1994 and Darfur in 2003. A new figure of the number of civilians killed has increased to more than 20,000, with millions displaced.
We urge all parties involved to respect and protect innocent civilians throughout the country, particularly in Juba and its surrounding areas. Until this is achieved, South Sudanese civilians in Juba and elsewhere will continue to be targeted by the president.
The California SPLM Chapter in San Diego will call for a general assembly meeting to put in place a transitional leadership, which will pave the way for a general election soon. For any question of comment, contact the leadership of the SPLM Chapter in San Diego.
Peter G. Gak, Chairman
The California SPLM Chapter in San Diego
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cc -Union tribune:
- Sudan Tribune
- South Sudan.net
- Chimp report, Uganda News
- California SPLM Chapter