What Kills African People is a Power Struggle
By Bayak Chuol Puoch,
The South Sudanese were sacrificed themselves to vote for the independence of this beloved country and they overwhelmingly voted for Independence of South Sudan on January 9th 2011 and we were thinking that we are freed from Khartoum regime that humiliated us for many years in our own country and we were denied to get education, health, roads and other basic essentials services and that was why we asked our independence and we got through voting.
The some of our leaders are thinking that being in the bushes during the civil war between North and South Sudan is something that can keep them in power many years and they thought this is their reward to be in power even though there is no development in the country and I think that there are some people who sacrificed themselves to die for this land and they never test any tea or sugar and that is why we are enjoying right now.
All prisoners’ politicians should not be included in the coming transitional government because they are major party of this problem and they never contribute fully in this conflict that killed thousands of people because they already formed their own party in order to steal the upcoming transitional government and I think they will never any support from South Sudanese people and I agreed with Kenyan MPs who calls to expel SPLM Former Detainees in the hotel in Kenya and they should be expelled from Windsor Hotel in Nairobi describing them as “selfish” people who have engaged in a “third bloc political reorganization, which does not help in the peace process” to end the war peacefully.
What we are seeing right now in South Sudan is something that we could not expected as citizens of this country because some of our leaders are greedy enough for power and I was told by one of the officials that, this is time for eating not development as you the South Sudanese are waiting for because some of current leaders were in the bushes for many years and after that we will give it to you and I told him that the development will not come alone, it will come from the people who are serving in the government.
The African continent will not be stabled because of greediness from its leaders and that is why we see African people are suffering day and night lack of good governance in the continent. The African people will survive when their leaders rewrite a Constitution that can allows only two term in the office like what the Westerners are doing in their respective countries and that is why they have no more problems on power like us.
These are the solutions that we are expecting during the coming negotiation table in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
1. Ceasefire must be restored in the country, but all factions forces must be separately from their positions because we don’t know what will happen in the future during the upcoming election 2015.
2. Westerners governments must be monitoring the peace agreement and grantee the outcome and we need someone who will be responsible if war broke out again.
3. Constitution must be changed and the new constitution will take place, the constitution allows 5 years term and if you are good in your leadership, another term will be allowed only through election, but no more than that even though you are good in your leadership.
4. Federal system must be included in the upcoming talks and it is will of people
5. Free and fair election must be conducted on time.
6. No third term any more.
If we put these rules into action, our country will be peaceful and democratic state forever.
God Bless South Sudan!