April 8, 2014 (Nyamilepedia) — We, the SPLM/A Youth league both in south Sudan and in the diaspora, would like to give a stern warning to the aforementioned sisterly countries, who have appeared to be fighting alongside and supplying weapons to Gen Salva Kiir ‘s atrocious regime against the south Sudanese people. They must with immediate effect halt from partaking such mischievous, irresponsible and inacceptable act; for It is an absolute contravention of our country‘s territorial integrity and that of the International laws, we would like to inform the world at large and the south Sudanese that involvement of Egypt in particular may regionalizes the conflict which can turn our nation into a leading war zone.
You all know that, one of the major root causes to the conflict in 1983 was the digging of the Jonglei canal with an intention to flow more waters to Egypt and deny the suds region of its lives diversity and specially a plan to resettle two & a half million Egyptian farmers known as (Fellahin) along the canal. This would have displaced the whole population of the upper Nile region and deny them their traditional livelihood by then but today Salva want to do the same by bringing Egyptian closer to Ethiopia such that Great Upper Nile turn into the war zone between these two great nations.
Should they fails to heed to this important appeal, south Sudanese people will deal with them squarely in the same measure to that of Salva Kiir and company for two wrong never make one right.
We urge them to undertake a neutral and impartial position in this crisis as they did during our 50 years of struggle for what was than a fight for united, secular democratic Nation. Anything less than that will be deem as a hypocrisy and a deliberate scheme to sabotage the ongoing peace efforts; and also endanger the lives of their respective citizenry living in south Sudan.
It is not in our interest whatsoever to return to war in which most of us were born and participated in because we know the ultimate repercussion that come with war. Nevertheless, notwithstanding the grave results that may come with war, we vowed never to be cowed by any attempt to return us to those dark and regrettable days.
Salva Kiir has fall short of people aspirations that he live his life by purporting to become an indigenous oppressor only two years after independent. He must be let know that never, ever shall we succumb his totalitarianism. He has so far loss legitimacy by ordering the killing of 20, 000 innocent members of the Nuer and members of other communities on the 16th 18th December 2013. The nation demand for his immediate and unconditional resignation so as for south Sudanese people to pave the path of peace.
Our Movement, the SPLM/SPLA led by Dr. Riek Machar is committed to finding an inclusive peaceful dialogue. We still have the confident in the ongoing dialogue auspices by Intergovernmental Authority for Development (IGAD).
As Eric Reeve puts it ‘‘ it is so evident that the price of international diplomatic failure and facil moral and diplomatic equivocation is now and will soon be paid in more innocent blood and suffering by many hundreds of thousands of civilians in south Sudan. Hundreds of thousands have already been brought to the brink of starvation because there is no will to confront Salva Kiir ‘s oppressive regime over its intransigent refusal to allow humanitarian access to all the areas under our movement control. Additionally, more than half a million are forced militarily from their homes since 2013……. Remain displaced and in poor conditions as a refugee in their own country.
We, the SPLM/A Youth league if worse come to worse, then we are more than ready to put down our appeal for finding peaceful solution, but rather mobilized our people both at home and in the diaspora to rush back home and join the rest of south Sudanese in the fight to oust Salva Kiir ‘s dictatorial, pupetic regime. It is better we all die for this cause which our martyrs had perish for than to see our country being taken by materialistic greedy individuals who can also bleed. Be ready if you are call upon to do so .we have done it in the past and we would do it again.
Finally, if the world is indeed serious in solving this standoff, then we recommend the following to be promptly expedited:
- Withdrawal of all foreign mercenaries fighting alongside Salva Kiir. That is Egypt, Uganda, JEM, SPLM North and any other force that is not mentioned.
- All the above mentioned countries to refrain from supporting Salva Kiir but to be neutral.
- To immediately and unconditionally free the four SPLM/A Leaders who are still under Salva Kiir ‘s captivity.
- To craft a sounding proposal that suggest the interim government and unconditional resignation of Salva Kiir
- To facilitate the work of the investigation commission led by former Negirian President Olugasan UBasango so to assure the public that those who orchestrated the massacre in juba and elsewhere are brought to law for crime against humanity committed.
- To allow equal humanitarian access to all the areas under SPLM/SPLA control.
- We suggest the involvement of the international community in this dialogue so as to get a viable permanent solution in this crisis not to escalate the war further.
- We stopping the deployment of the so call deterrence forces or oil interest forces.
- Calling for the cancellation of SPLM conference of dividend policies and concentrate on the national agenda of prevailing peace to the people of South Sudan because the country is much important than a party.
Cde. Puot Kang Chol
The Leader of the SPLM/SPLA Youth League
In case of enquiries please feel free and contact us through
- Cde. Puot Kang Chol
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Facebook page: Cde. Puot Kang Chol
- Twitter: @PuotKang
- Tel: +251939449489
- Cde. Jesus Deng Atem Wal
- Spokesperson of the SPLM/SPLA Youth League
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org